RCrandall

What is this IDE feature called?

I'm looking at the IDE for 10.4.2 and specifically at the part that is circled in red in the attached screenshot.  Does anyone know what this is called so that I can Google it for troubleshooting?  I've drawn a complete blank!

Normally this feature would tell you which method you are currently in, but in 90% of the cases for me it is blank.  This is true in Delphi 11 too.  The one time I went to take a screenshot it worked!

For all I know there is a setting somewhere, or some tweak I can make, that will make it work more reliably but I don't even know what to call it to get started searching.  It would be wonderful if it worked reliably.

Thanks all, Rob Crandall

Mystery Feature.png

I am not sure what the feature is called but for me this got better in  Delphi 11 after I eliminated all of my stray class "markers" down in the implementation section. I had renamed some classes but the old names were still there.

Make sure those lines are valid, or something does not parse correctly.

image.thumb.png.70cb7f573194803a223f893ec320cc6c.png

It seems to rely on the same logic that the refactoring uses, and the inline var declarations break both of them.

Try looking at a unit with no inline var declarations and see if it looks more useful. It's useless in 10.4.2, along with most Refactoring functions.

3 hours ago, corneliusdavid said:

Here's a recent blog of mine about it

I knew about these controls, but not about the keyboard shortcuts. And somehow I missed your blog post even thought I am subscribed to the BeginEnd RSS feed. Thanks for mentioning it.

You're welcome.

On 2/15/2022 at 11:16 PM, dummzeuch said:

subscribed to the BeginEnd RSS feed

I didn't even know my blog was listed in there! Cool! 

48 minutes ago, corneliusdavid said:

I didn't even know my blog was listed in there!

Actually it isn't (I just looked), which explains why I missed your blog post.

I suggest it for inclusion.

Edited by dummzeuch

5 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Actually it isn't (I just looked), which explains why I missed your blog post.

It's called "Coding in Delphi and Beyond". 

I changed it to "Just Another Developer Blog" a few months ago because I didn't want people to think it was connected to the books by Nick Hodges. Last night, I found it listed in "begin end" with the original name so just changed my blog's name back to that. Now I gotta go change my signature line here again.