RP286

docwiki.embarcadero.com is not working

Has anyone noticed that the document website of Embarcadero (docwiki.embarcadero.com) has been down for a few days already? 

It seems a bit unusual because it just crashed (showing the backtrace log directly) instead of showing a proper maintenance message (assuming it is in maintenance).

Nope. Still fails.  Front page sort of loads - but going to the Alexandria section produces a call stack.

5 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Nope. Still fails.  Front page sort of loads - but going to the Alexandria section produces a call stack.

It is working for me.

It doesn't working for me. For  https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Alexandria/en/ returns:

Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.

(Cannot access the database)

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/loadbalancer/LoadBalancer.php(1134): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->reportConnectionError('Connection refu...')
#1 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/loadbalancer/LoadBalancer.php(749): Wikimedia\Rdbms\LoadBalancer->reportConnectionError()
#2 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(2801): Wikimedia\Rdbms\LoadBalancer->getConnection(0, Array, false)
#3 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LCStoreDB.php(45): wfGetDB(-1)
#4 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LocalisationCache.php(412): LCStoreDB->get('en', 'deps')
#5 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LocalisationCache.php(458): LocalisationCache->isExpired('en')
#6 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LocalisationCache.php(334): LocalisationCache->initLanguage('en')
#7 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LocalisationCache.php(371): LocalisationCache->loadItem('en', 'magicWords')
#8 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LocalisationCache.php(292): LocalisationCache->loadSubitem('en', 'magicWords', 'tree')
#9 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/languages/Language.php(3177): LocalisationCache->getSubitem('en', 'magicWords', 'tree')
#10 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/MagicWord.php(352): Language->getMagic(Object(MagicWord))
#11 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/MagicWord.php(280): MagicWord->load('tree')
#12 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/parser/Parser.php(4848): MagicWord::get('tree')
#13 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/extensions/TreeAndMenu/TreeAndMenu_body.php(24): Parser->setFunctionHook('tree', Array)
#14 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/Setup.php(948): TreeAndMenu->setup()
#15 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/WebStart.php(88): require_once('/var/www/html/s...')
#16 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/index.php(39): require('/var/www/html/s...')
#17 {main}

not yet... RAD11

maybe Paradox db is corrupted ;)))

Edited by Guest

As I press F5 to refresh,

every second view comes back like

[9781f524d3a11c075ed734e3] /RADStudio/Alexandria/en/Main_Page Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError from line 1457 of /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php: A connection error occured.
Query: BEGIN
Function: Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database::query (LCStoreDB::get)
Error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away (etnadocwikidb01)
Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1427): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->makeQueryException(string, integer, string, string)
#1 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1200): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->reportQueryError(string, integer, string, string, boolean)
#2 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(3735): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->query(string, string)
#3 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(3702): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->doBegin(string)
#4 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1135): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->begin(string, string)
#5 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1653): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->query(string, string)
#6 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php(1479): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->select(string, string, array, string, array, array)
#7 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LCStoreDB.php(52): Wikimedia\Rdbms\Database->selectField(string, string, array, string)
#8 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LocalisationCache.php(412): LCStoreDB->get(string, string)
#9 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LocalisationCache.php(458): LocalisationCache->isExpired(string)
#10 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LocalisationCache.php(334): LocalisationCache->initLanguage(string)
#11 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LocalisationCache.php(371): LocalisationCache->loadItem(string, string)
#12 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/cache/localisation/LocalisationCache.php(292): LocalisationCache->loadSubitem(string, string, string)
#13 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/languages/Language.php(3177): LocalisationCache->getSubitem(string, string, string)
#14 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/MagicWord.php(352): Language->getMagic(MagicWord)
#15 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/MagicWord.php(280): MagicWord->load(string)
#16 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/parser/Parser.php(4848): MagicWord::get(string)
#17 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/extensions/TreeAndMenu/TreeAndMenu_body.php(24): Parser->setFunctionHook(string, array)
#18 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/Setup.php(948): TreeAndMenu->setup()
#19 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/WebStart.php(88): require_once(string)
#20 /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/index.php(39): require(string)
#21 {main}

This is really annoying. I haven't been able to access the docwiki for several days except for an occasional disambiguation page. Does anyone at Emb even known there's a problem? The issue has been reported to Emb QA (https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-37138) but the current internal status is "Validation" which I take to mean that nobody has even bothered to try to access the site to determine if the Jira report is correct or not.

This does not bode well for Embarcadero. Perhaps if more of us would access the case (use the above link) and "upvote" the issue, it would receive more attention.

• Sad 1

Somebody in the German Delphi Praxis claimed they are working on it. Unfortunately I don't remember who it was and whether he mentioned the source.

One would expect Embarcadero to at least post a message on their site that they are aware of the problem. But on the other hand experience shows that communication from Embarcadero revolves mostly about sales.

• Sad 1

I'm not even sure that Embarcadero can do much about it. AFAIK the server infrastructure is managed by the Idera IT department. Not rating that as an excuse, though.

On the other hand, there still is the Offline Help.

3 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

On the other hand, there still is the Offline Help.

And samples if you go back to 10.3 offline help files.

Imagine not being able to get your company's website up and running again after more than a week? What an absolute joke. I guess I'll go and find my old Delphi 6 printed language guide to look up the info I can't find online rn.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, David Heffernan said:

Imagine not being able to get your company's website up and running again after more than a week? What an absolute joke. I guess I'll go and find my old Delphi 6 printed language guide to look up the info I can't find online rn.

It is coming online at times, but only for a short periods.

There's always delphibasics.co.uk and of course there is the offline help in chm format.

Still, I would be really embarrassed if that was my company. In particular I would try my best to communicate to my customers that I am working on the issue as hard as possible.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

It is coming online at times, but only for a short periods.

What do you want to say with that?

13 minutes ago, Attila Kovacs said:

What do you want to say with that?

That it is not constantly offline for over a week, but that it goes online-offline. Though it is way more offline than online.  It is just an observational fact, nothing more.

4 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

That it is not constantly offline for over a week, but that it goes online-offline.

So it's working as expected?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dummzeuch said:

I would try my best to communicate to my customers that I am working on the issue as hard as possible.

Perhaps they don't know it's broken?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Heffernan said:

Perhaps they don't know it's broken?

They have the same with the Delphi IDE  🙂

• Haha 1