RP286

docwiki.embarcadero.com is not working

There is some progress: response times have become faster (no more 10 seconds to wait for the error 500 response) and some bits of the Alexandria wiki are working.

Working:

- [Wayback/Archive] RAD Studio (Alexandria: RADStudio)

- [Wayback/Archive] RAD Studio API Documentation (Alexandria: Libraries)

Failing: [Archive] Internal error - RAD Studio Code Examples (Alexandria: CodeExamples)

But hey: getting 2 out of the some 42 wikis for the English language (in the mean time I figured out there are 3 wikis for each Delphi version; the actual number is times 4 as there is English, French, German and Japanese) working in some 38 hours is still slow.

From [Wayback/Archive] Docwiki https - EmbarcaderoMonitoring

Response Time Last 2 days

image.thumb.png.882ff9e7495b4fe2475290c0f0cde9fb.png

4952.09ms / 11117.00ms / 214.00ms

Avg. response time / Max. response time / Min. response time
Edited by jeroenp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the German DP for the first time an Embarcadero employee contributed something on this topic:

MEissing wrote:

Suche funktioniert noch nicht.

Which means "Search doesn't work yet".

So apparently the improvement we currently see was due to some work that was done and not just by chance.

• Thanks 1

Great! Just a little something they still need to do: 

[5e9d67bd4958162e561dcaf6] /CodeExamples/Alexandria/en/Main_Page Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError from line 1457 of /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php: A database query error has occurred. Did you forget to run your application's database schema updater after upgrading?
Query: SELECT lc_value FROM `cde_alexandria_en_l10n_cache` WHERE lc_lang = 'en' AND lc_key = 'deps' LIMIT 1
Function: LCStoreDB::get
Error: 1146 Table 'wikidb.cde_alexandria_en_l10n_cache' doesn't exist (10.50.1.120)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Torrettinni said:

Great! Just a little something they still need to do: 

[5e9d67bd4958162e561dcaf6] /CodeExamples/Alexandria/en/Main_Page Wikimedia\Rdbms\DBQueryError from line 1457 of /var/www/html/shared/BaseWiki31/includes/libs/rdbms/database/Database.php: A database query error has occurred. Did you forget to run your application's database schema updater after upgrading?
Query: SELECT lc_value FROM `cde_alexandria_en_l10n_cache` WHERE lc_lang = 'en' AND lc_key = 'deps' LIMIT 1
Function: LCStoreDB::get
Error: 1146 Table 'wikidb.cde_alexandria_en_l10n_cache' doesn't exist (10.50.1.120)

That is part of what I mentioned in "Failing: [Archive] Internal error - RAD Studio Code Examples (Alexandria: CodeExamples)"

For now it looks like en/de/fr/ja work for RADStudio and Libraries, but not for Code Examples.

35 minutes ago, jeroenp said:

For now it looks like en/de/fr/ja work for RADStudio and Libraries, but not for Code Examples.

Yes, perhaps this thread and us being vocal with our keyboards helped move things along! Let's hope the momentum is kept until every page works.

If it is moving content from a backup or whatever to a new system, that can be some tedious manual work. Currently the docs for Alexandria look promising, although search doesn't work yet. Older versions may be added later.

On 2/20/2022 at 12:48 PM, DJof SD said:

The Iranian's using the log4j vulnerability probably hacked the site: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/02/iranian-state-hackers-are-using-log4shell-to-infect-unpatched-vmware-servers/

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

That might be more than a story. Remember the good old days when the IDE home page was hacked to display pro-ISIS messages?

On 3/10/2022 at 10:30 AM, Darian Miller said:

Update from Marco on Twitter

Pleasantly surprised the Alexandria page has been working for the last few days! Good progress! 🤸‍♂️

Maybe by the summer solstice they'll have restored the Tokyo pages.

I have projects which were started under Tokyo. Some day I'll migrate those 11.x but for the time being, I continue to use that older editions of RS.

• Like 1

Maybe this is obvious but I'll just say: the google Cache feature is quite useful on those days when the docwiki goes offline. 

Google moved that cache feature (in google chrome on desktop, at least).  Now it's hidden under the triple-dot menu at the right edge of each normal search result line, and then you have to click the Cache button bottom-right. 

Definitely better than waiting for docwiki to come back online.

Screenshot from 2022-03-22 05-28-01.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ann, thanks for the tip. It just might be what I could use for that occasional need to read the documentation.

But, I'm not a regular Google user, so, if you would, is this cache something only available from their browser or is there a URL that would get me started (I'm a Firefox user).

TIA

Interesting that Embarcadero advertises a patch for 11.3 TODAY thru an email and both "My.Embarcedero.com" is down and GetIt is also down.

Edited by TazKy

Try again -- I just got onto the site and could select the patch to D/L.