Uwe Raabe

Delphi 11.1 is available

21 minutes ago, Fons N said:

Read this page, but not all of the links on this page work. 

Am I just overlooking it, but I cannot seem to read anything about the Parnassus add-ins (specifically Bookmark.)...?

Unfortunately I was able only to find promotion material for decision makers, not technical information for developers. Join the webinar later today and we should learn some information about the Bookmarks.

Parnassus add-ins are currently unavailable in GetIt Package Manager for Rad Studio 11.1 🙁

• Sad 1

Hm, where can I download it again? There is nothing on my.embarcadero.com (not even Delphi 11 and its patches). I must be getting old, because I'm sure I had a download link (where else should I have gotten the Delphi 11 ISO from?).

Any hints on how to customize the background image on Welcome page?

Changing the theme in Tools -> Options -> Welcome Page, or loading a custom image, has no effect 😞

5 minutes ago, Achim Kalwa said:

Changing the theme in Tools -> Options -> Welcome Page, or loading a custom image, has no effect 😞

I'm so excited about this feature 

• Haha 11

3 minutes ago, David Heffernan said:

I just want to get rid of that colorful gradient image; it hurts my eyes.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Achim Kalwa said:

It worked for me, I just selected a delphipraxis.png logo file:

image.thumb.png.f1326a45aba5974f00dacf38d30aeb13.png

I don't know who thought that awful bg color looks good.

Edited by Mike Torrettinni
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Achim Kalwa said:

You can configure a different wallpaper per theme, so when switching the theme the wallpaper changes, too.

That said, to get rid of the default wallpaper, go to Tools -> Options -> Welcome Page, select your current theme and click Delete. Don't forget to Save.

Edited by Uwe Raabe
  • Thanks 1

Folks, please try to avoid posting the direct download links.

Although these are not hard to guess, in the past there have been requests from Embarcadero not to publish the links.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Although these are not hard to guess, in the past there have been requests from Embarcadero not to publish the links.

Why would they asked for that? Unlike the roadmap that should not be a secret, someone even paid for the licence key.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

You can configure a different wallpaper per theme, so when switching the theme the wallpaper changes, too.

That said, to get rid of the default wallpaper, go to Tools -> Options -> Welcome Page, select your current theme and click Delete.

Thanks. Clearing the "light" theme did help. But I can't use a custom theme. I can load a custom image, but the IDE always stays on "light" theme.

4 minutes ago, Achim Kalwa said:

Thanks. Clearing the "light" theme did help. But I can't use a custom theme. I can load a custom image, but the IDE always stays on "light" theme.

There is a problem in saving the setting.  Make the change to one Theme and hit save seems to work.  Making multiple changes doesn't always save.

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-37602

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Achim Kalwa said:

But I can't use a custom theme.

That is indeed inconsistent. Although you can select a wallpaper for a custom theme, the IDE doesn't support selecting a custom theme - add least not officially.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Anders Melander said:
4 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Hm, where can I download it again?

https://my.embarcadero.com/#downloadsPage

That's where I looked and didn't find anything.

4 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

There is nothing on my.embarcadero.com (not even Delphi 11 and its patches).

It seems that Library Path doesn't get saved. I installed 11.1, but for the Windows 64 the Library Path wasn't transferred between installs. Trying to add the missing paths manually and then saving, doesn't save the new added paths. 

Can someone please try and see if they have same problem?

27 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Not sure if that actually matters, but did you upload your Network Named License to https://my.embarcadero.com/#networkLicense ?

No, I didn't. Why should I? There is no hint on that page saying what it's good for. And it was never mentioned in the email communication from Embarcadero.

So, did you upload your licenses there? If yes, what prompted you to do that?

Edit: Yes, it makes a difference. Now, all of a sudden, I get Delphi 11 listed there. Thanks for that hint, but I am still confused why I'd need to do that.

Edited by dummzeuch

1 hour ago, dummzeuch said:

If yes, what prompted you to do that?

Probably just a gut feeling. After all they wasted one of the four main menu entries for that.

Thinking about it, the registered products page already has information about my license keys and subscription status. As the responsible developer I would look up the latest valid subscription exactly there. As the network licenses have their own place where I even can simply upload the license, that seems the place to get the subscription information as well.

• Like 1

Hi guys!!!

I updated to 11.1 and my GetIt installed list is empty (I have six installed components ). Any idea?

Thanks!!

** Everything is running ok

Edited by malobo

9 hours ago, David Heffernan said:

Of all the bugs and outstanding feature requests.. this was definintely top of the list 🙄 - first thing I did after installing was clear that out. I'm not 3, I don't need unicorns and rainbows. 

9 hours ago, Achim Kalwa said:

I just want to get rid of that colorful gradient image; it hurts my eyes.

Tools -> Options -> Welcome Page - click on Clear. That works for me.

9 hours ago, Lajos Juhász said:

Why would they asked for that?

Tracking of downloads has been set up for the "official" links would be my guess.

44 minutes ago, Vincent Parrett said:

I don't need unicorns and rainbows.

Who needs unicorns and rainbows when we now have awesome user interfaces technologies like this:

image.thumb.png.61ded258205efa815c65cd718dacd849.png

The possibilities seems endless. . .

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

On 3/15/2022 at 11:57 AM, Uwe Raabe said:

What do you think all the beta testers did during the last weeks?

Scream, cry, beat their fists against their desks in impotent rage?

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1