Uwe Raabe

Delphi 11.1 is available

9 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Where are you changing theme to Mountain Mist?

Welcome page settings are meant to customize Welcome page settings for all themes, not for setting active theme. You can change active theme at User Interface -> Theme Manager page in Options.

Was talking about the background dropdown (which contains mountain mist) at Tools -> Options -> Welcome Page . It doesn't preserve the chosen option.

10 minutes ago, Rinzwind said:

Was talking about the background dropdown (which contains mountain mist) at Tools -> Options -> Welcome Page . It doesn't preserve the chosen option.

If by "option" you mean changing active theme an applying it in IDE, this is the wrong place. Dropdown with theme selection there will not change the theme, it is only a selector for setting background options for each available theme.

1 minute ago, Lars Fosdal said:

I tried changing the WP background.  The setting doesn't take.

Hm.... it works for me. But there have been some glitches in saving various setting changes Since version 11. Saving same settings will randomly fail .

2 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Welcome page settings are meant to customize Welcome page settings for all themes

The background setting is theme agnostic. There are at least three Background_XXX entries in the Welcome Page subkey of the BDS\22.0 registry key. The problem with the settings dialog is that it only saves the changes for the selected (in that dialog) theme. Unsaved changes to previously selected themes are simply forgotten.

There is a QP entry for that: Welcome Page background image does not always save changes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uwe Raabe said:

The background setting is theme agnostic. There are at least three Background_XXX entries in the Welcome Page subkey of the BDS\22.0 registry key.

That is what I meant when I said all. We are on the same page here.

1 hour ago, Uwe Raabe said:

The problem with the settings dialog is that it only saves the changes for the selected (in that dialog) theme. Unsaved changes to previously selected themes are simply forgotten.

There is a QP entry for that: Welcome Page background image does not always save changes

That explains why I haven't bumped into that issue as I changed background settings for more than single theme, but I didn't do that all at once and changes were properly saved.

Hi guys,

I've done a clean install of D11.1 and I don't see the 'Formatter' or 'Modeling' options

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Edited by malobo