chenech

LSP con C++ Builder 11.1

Has LSP been removed for the classic compiler in version 11.1?

Now they mark me messages even in the include of the vcl.

A new empty project already shows errors and LSP does not work in classic borland compiler 😞

Has anyone been able to try it?

Thanks

Yes, in this version it seems that they have also messed up the autocomplete of the classic compiler, what a disaster, I wonder if Embarcadero test their products before releasing them, or if they are tested by betatesters I wonder if none of them see the problems that we all see with only 5 minutes of use.

If this is so, I will not renew my subscription and I will stay with 10.4 for life, which struggles every time a version comes out.

Our important projects are in classic compiler and more than 800 form the smallest, unfeasible to change to clang.

Thank you J0seant

On 3/19/2022 at 3:57 AM, j0seant said:

I wonder if Embarcadero test their products before releasing them

Of course they do.  New versions go through months of beta testing before release.

On 3/19/2022 at 3:57 AM, j0seant said:

if they are tested by betatesters I wonder if none of them see the problems that we all see with only 5 minutes of use.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  It comes down to how they use the product, like anyone else.

Provisional solution.
Roy wrote :
So far the only solution I have managed to come up with is as follows:
1) Close your project.
2) Tools | Options | IDE | Environment Variables | [New...] Add a variable called "BDS_NO_LSP" (without quotes) and set the value to "T" also without quotes
3) [OK]
4) [Save]
5) Restart the IDE
The downside is that the LSP will now not work for Clang based projects.