Joseph MItzen

Delphi Community 64-bit Windows Target?

I just installed the Delphi Community 10.4 version into a 64-bit Windows 11 VM. I only installed the Windows target. When I create a project; the only target option presented is Windows 32-bit.When I select the "managing platforms" option, the only Windows option is "Delphi Windows Community". I seem to recall that the standard options here used to include Windows 32-bit and 64-bit listed separately. Have they removed the ability to create 64-bit targets in the Community Edition or am I missing something?

emb2 Screenshot_20220318_231737.png

emb1 Screenshot_20220318_231610.png

In feature matrix there is a support for 64 bit Delphi in the community edition. In Delphi in order to add a 64 bit target you have to right click in the project manager on the node Target Platforms and select Add platform.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I got the same problem (in the Pro version of Delphi). Mike helped me out. As I don't know how to put a link to that answer, I just made a copy of his answer. So, thank him, not me. It the answer as Lajos gave, but with pictures. I also find that easier (but that may be my age :classic_biggrin:).

Fons

If you don't have it listed under Target Platforms:

image.png.904652221356f1ccfdf35c8251119ad9.png

Try right-click on Target Platforms and Add Platform and choose 64bit:

image.png.3d0711e7c3456162f6a2aef8a0010d61.png

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lajos Juhász said:

In feature matrix there is a support for 64 bit Delphi in the community edition. In Delphi in order to add a 64 bit target you have to right click in the project manager on the node Target Platforms and select Add platform.

Thanks! This worked!

12 hours ago, Fons N said:

Hi,

I got the same problem (in the Pro version of Delphi). Mike helped me out. As I don't know how to put a link to that answer, I just made a copy of his answer. So, thank him, not me. It the answer as Lajos gave, but with pictures. I also find that easier (but that may be my age :classic_biggrin:).

Fons

Thank you! This worked, but I must say I'd probably have never figured it out in a million years on my own. Interface-wise, it makes no sense at all.