David Hoyle

GExpert current source fails to build (03/Apr/2022)

I've just pulled the latest GExpert source and when I compile any of the projects I get the following error (looks like a resource is missing for the icon):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(839,5): error MSB4018: The "BRCC32" task failed unexpectedly.\r [gexperts-code\Projects\DelphiXx104\GExpertsRS104.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(839,5): error MSB4018: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'gexperts-code\images\GXIcons.rc'.\r [gexperts-code\Projects\DelphiXx104\GExpertsRS104.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(839,5): error MSB4018: File name: 'gexperts-code\images\GXIcons.rc'\r [D:\Documents\RAD Studio\Binaries\GExperts\GExperts Source\gexperts-code\Projects\DelphiXx104\GExpertsRS104.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(839,5): error MSB4018:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)\r [gexperts-code\Projects\DelphiXx104\GExpertsRS104.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(839,5): error MSB4018:    at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)\r [gexperts-code\Projects\DelphiXx104\GExpertsRS104.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(839,5): error MSB4018:    at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)\r [gexperts-code\Projects\DelphiXx104\GExpertsRS104.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(839,5): error MSB4018:    at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.CommandLineTask.CreateTempFileIfNecessary(ITaskItem basedOn)\r [gexperts-code\Projects\DelphiXx104\GExpertsRS104.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(839,5): error MSB4018:    at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.CommandLineTask.Execute()\r [gexperts-code\Projects\DelphiXx104\GExpertsRS104.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(839,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()\r [gexperts-code\Projects\DelphiXx104\GExpertsRS104.dproj]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(839,5): error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext() [gexperts-code\Projects\DelphiXx104\GExpertsRS104.dproj]

As said in the other post: I just did a fresh checkout of the sources, I even went so far and deleted my original sources (after ziping them of course, you never know ...) and ran the compile scripts for all supported Delphi versions. No compile error, not even a warning or hint (as it should be).

Since you mention git in your other post, my first idea is a line feed issue. Delphi has various problems if the line feed style does not match the one it expects, which is usually CR+LF and one of my gripes with git is the way it handles line feeds.

Edited by dummzeuch