I added the TSslHttpRest REST component four years ago, to speed up application development by combining several other ICS components needed for HTTPS applications together and building parameters in various ways.  It is used for OAuth2 authentication, TIcsTwitter, TIcsRestEmail (Gmail and Outlook), TDnsQueryHttps, TIcsSMS, TIcsInetAlive and SSL/TLS certificate ordering TSslX509Certs.

The last ICS TSslHttpRest release added various file downloading strategies, including resuming failed partial transfers, the next TSslHttpRest release will add various file uploading strategies using POST including multipart MIME with metadata content. 

Ideally, there will be new components to simplify access to various cloud services, ie TIcsMsAzure, TIcsGoogleCloud, TIcsAmazonCloud, TIcsOSSwift (Open Stack), TIcsMsDrive,  TIcsDropbox, perhaps TIcsWebDAV if still used.

I'm old-fashioned, I don't use any cloud facilities, I just have hosted Windows servers in a rack running the ICS FTP server for all my own upload and download needs. 

So supporting these various cloud protocols needs research and accounts, and a lot of reading and testing, and decisions of which specific APIs need support from a component. 

But I guess various ICS users are already using one or more of these cloud providers with their own applications, perhaps also with non-ICS components.  Ideally I'd like  such users to take ownership for developing and testing the component for a specific cloud service, based on a common template, while I update TSslHttpRest to support the extra features like multipart MIME needed,

So is anyone using ICS for cloud storage?

Angus

• Like 2