Hans♫

FYI: Graph showing iOS crashes with recent Delphi versions

Yes, I have seen it and it looks great. It could probably have helped me in other situations. However, my problem in this post was not that I couldn't find where it crashes. The problem was that it happened in random places, though always when allocating an Objective-C wrapper.

On 10/25/2019 at 4:00 AM, Hans♫ said:

Good news about iOS crashes!

I owe Embarcadero and all of you to show the updated crash report graph. The problem was an internal hard limit in librtlhelper.a on the number of OC wrappers that could be created. As my app uses the TMC iCL native components, and is a large and comprehensive app, it wraps thousands of OC objects. Each new Delphi version used more and more OC wrappers on its own, leaving less for use in the app. That's seen clearly on the previous graph I showed.

Have you upgraded to 10.3.3?  How's your crashes looking now?

On 10/25/2019 at 4:00 AM, Hans♫ said:

Good news about iOS crashes!

I owe Embarcadero and all of you to show the updated crash report graph. The problem was an internal hard limit in librtlhelper.a on the number of OC wrappers that could be created. As my app uses the TMC iCL native components, and is a large and comprehensive app, it wraps thousands of OC objects. Each new Delphi version used more and more OC wrappers on its own, leaving less for use in the app. That's seen clearly on the previous graph I showed.

Have you upgraded to 10.3.3?  How's your crashes looking now?

Yes, we released a new build 2 weeks ago, which is the first one made with Delphi 10.3.3. So far the crashes are lower than the build with Delphi 10.3.2.

In return, the new build has been featured on App Store, so I believe that Apple is quite satisfied 🙂

• Like 2

Hi there!

Looks like it's happening the same to me..... I'm using TMS iCL components and my app keep crashing randomly....

Can anyone in the chat point me to the rigth librtlhelper.a file??

Thanks to all!!

Ramon