dummzeuch

some dxgettext improvements

I fixed a bug in the dxgettext executable which made it add wrong ressource string names to the po files which in turn made the msgmergePOT tool select wrong translations. You will have to compile your own executable to get this bugfix. The source code is in the project’s svn repository on SourceForge.

Also I added scripts to generate partial German and French translations for Delphi 10, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4 and even added those partial translations for Delphi 10, 10.1, 10.2 and 10.4 (note that 10.3 is missing) to the repository. Warning: These translations may still be faulty.

• Thanks 1

I've found out that unit "/dxgettext/itetools/common/POUtils.pas" has severe unicode issues. The unit was written for an ANSI version of Delphi. I've fixed these bugs, do you happen to know how I can make the bugfixed unit find its way back to the original repository ?

FYI: I plan to use this unit to translate existing *.po files of mine using a REST translation service which I subscribed to. 

49 minutes ago, A.M. Hoornweg said:

I've found out that unit "/dxgettext/itetools/common/POUtils.pas" has severe unicode issues. The unit was written for an ANSI version of Delphi. I've fixed these bugs, do you happen to know how I can make the bugfixed unit find its way back to the original repository ?

There are two options:

• Contact Lars Dybdahl, the official maintainer
  • Send these patches my way and I'll have a look and possibly commit them to sourceforge (as far as I know I am the only one left who has write access there, but I have no admin access).

By now even the official dxgettext website dxgettext.po.dk no longer works (at least my browser gets redirected to delphi.dk which then only shows an error), it looks as if the project is even more dead than it used to be. Also, I haven't heard from Lars for a long time. So sending them to me is probably the option with the best prospects of success.

22 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

There are two options:

• Fork the project and commit the changes there.

SourceForge has become an OpenSource graveyard.

Last I heard of Lars was this: https://www.sn.dk/halsnaes-kommune/lars-har-aabnet-sit-hjem-for-to-ukrainere/ (It's about him hosting some Ukranian refugees).

His personal domain is no longer functional so I'm guessing he's too busy for hobby projects these days.

2 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:
  • Fork the project and commit the changes there.

Yes, that's another option. The most likely outcome will be fragmentation though. Instead of one mostly dead project, there will be several, most of them dead ends, and any prospective users or contributors will wonder which one to use.

5 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:

SourceForge has become an OpenSource graveyard.

Moving the project anywhere else won't solve that, though. There are many dead projects on e.g. github too.

Unless of course somebody takes up the burden of maintaining the project, which I think is rather unlikely.

15 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

There are two options:

• Contact Lars Dybdahl, the official maintainer
  • Send these patches my way and I'll have a look and possibly commit them to sourceforge (as far as I know I am the only one left who has write access there, but I have no admin access).

Ah, so you have write access to the repository? Great!

I am attaching the file here for you to look at. My changes can be found by searching for {$ifdef unicode}. Without those changes, *.po files are loaded in the wrong code page and saving *.mo files produces corrupted files.

POUtils.pas

I just wanted to have a quick look, but you seem to have changed the formatting in many places. This makes it much more difficult to spot any real changes. So this will have to wait until I find some more time.