Sign in to follow this  
FranzB

difference .optset and .dproj file

I want to compile  one project with 2 totally different compiler  settings/options , one version goes to the VCL  - the other to the FMX framework etc...

What is the  role of project file and optset file? 

Unit scope names are only defined in the project file , but I need to  exchange it using the  optset file while  compiling for the  other framework.

A projectgroup may what what you want.

Best to keep it all multi-device FMX switching the target platform in the project manager.   

the  project is an DLL. 

Yes  can save the  project file twice like mywork.FMX and mywork.VCL .  But this requires each time I update a single line code in one version, I need to manually also update the second one .  Not a desired solution path 

Are you able to achieve the desired results with separate build configurations?

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand what your actual problem is.

15 hours ago, FranzB said:

optset file

IMO its best to stay away from those, still at least one open bug report RSP-17558, this one is the worst and nearly 5 years old: RSP-14723.

19 minutes ago, FredS said:

IMO its best to stay away from those

Option sets are fine when the same settings are to be applied to different projects. For a standalone project anything possible with option sets is also possible with build configurations.

we use a JENKINS build server ,  JENKINS works with Delphi  via MSBuild option  (I guess .... ) . 

As a software developer in my case , I must supply   path to  project ,   projectfile (*.dproj) and .optset file for generation of or executeables.

My first  idea fails to  create two separate *.optset files for VCL and FMX framework as the supply  for the unit scope names via  different  *.optset files is not working 

FXM : FMX;Winapi;System.Win;Data.Win;Datasnap.Win;Web.Win;Soap.Win;Xml.Win;System;Xml;Data;Datasnap;Web;Soap 

VCL :  VCL;Winapi;System.Win;Data.Win;Datasnap.Win;Web.Win;Soap.Win;Xml.Win;System;Xml;Data;Datasnap;Web;Soap

the source code  of my dll  is here mydllproject.dpr   ( as for all of us 🙂 ) . 

I don't want to create 2 different source code versions  with the identical source code  , just to have different *.dpr *.dproj and  *.optset  files 

Edited by FranzB