laes

LSP supported request types

Hi all,

I've started messing around with the "new" LSP that comes with RAD Studio Community while trying to write an extension for it. I'm using this repo for communicating with the language server but it seems like the only supported request types, according to the IsRequestSupported method, are: 

• DidOpenTextDocument
  • DidChangeTextDocument
  • WillSaveTextDocument
  • WillSaveWaitUntilTextDocument
  • DidSaveTextDocument
  • DidCloseTextDocument
  • PublishDiagnostics
  • Completion
  • CompletionItemResolve
  • Hover
  • SignatureHelp
  • GotoDeclaration
  • GotoDefinition
  • GotoTypeDefinition
  • GotoImplementation

What is weird is that, when using the IsRequestSupported method, "Initialize" and "Initialized" seem not to be supported. But their respective Handlers are called when sending the request, as far as I can see the method simply doesn't check those request types since the server needs to support them to do anything at all.

Either way the request type I'm interested in (DocumentSymbol) appears not to be supported. According to picture below (source) find references and symbol search are not supported but have a checkmark anyway. Not sure if the checkmark is a mistake or if there is something I don't understand

image.thumb.png.af96ce3c5f40aab591379f4c5260177d.png

I would like to know if the listed request types are really all the Delphi language server supports and/or if there is a way the get, in my case symbol information, from the server despite not supporting it directly.