logo.thumb.png.87624ac44f864296e2bd2538beecf157.png

Ahh, finally at a point where I can start to update my GameVision framework to support modern PCs. This new generation will power upcoming game projects. I created a Facebook group for it, and I plan to post frequently about my progress. If you wish to follow, then you're invited to the cookout. Stop by and hang. Cold beer, burgers on the grill. LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gamevisiontoolkit

I haven't been on Facebook since 2018, and I am not going there again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

I haven't been on Facebook since 2018, and I am not going there again.

Fair enough. To be honest, if it weren't for the fact that a lot of traffic and interest seems to come from FB (looking at my GitHub and other stats), I would not be on it either. 

I've added about thirty examples so far to GameVision and if you wish to see some of its features, there is a standalone demo that is now available. Clicking the RUN button will allow you to select and run them. 😎

NOTE: All executables released by tinyBigGAMES LLC are code signed for your security and confidence.

GVExamples.thumb.png.b5b503f8473f413f23e3e1acba893233.png
  • Like 1

Faulting application name: GVExamples.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62940977
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1706, time stamp: 0x458acb5b
Exception code: 0xc06d007e
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034fd9
Faulting process id: 0x2bd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8752529d9b09b
Faulting application path: C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\GVExamples\GVExamples.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ac240234-13c0-439c-88d1-1d9bdbdcb991
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

On 5/31/2022 at 3:34 PM, aehimself said:

Faulting application name: GVExamples.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62940977
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1706, time stamp: 0x458acb5b
Exception code: 0xc06d007e
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034fd9
Faulting process id: 0x2bd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8752529d9b09b
Faulting application path: C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\GVExamples\GVExamples.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: ac240234-13c0-439c-88d1-1d9bdbdcb991
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

- which virus scanner in use? (see if you can exclude C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\GVExamples\, most likely the scanner is chewing on it). 

- what version of windows (must be at least win10, 64 bits)

- do have OpenGL 3+ drivers? (make sure they are up to date)

Edited by tinyBigGAMES

11 minutes ago, tinyBigGAMES said:

- which virus scanner in use? (see if you can exclude C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\GVExamples\, most likely the scanner is chewing on it). 

Windows Defender. I know what sites to visit and what to download / execute 🙂

11 minutes ago, tinyBigGAMES said:

- what version of windows (must be at least win10, 64 bits)

Spot on. Win10 Pro x64.

12 minutes ago, tinyBigGAMES said:

- do have OpenGL 3+ drivers? (make sure they are up to date)

No idea. I have an on-board Intel 620 and an additional Radeon R5 M430. The last time I used my PC for gaming was when I quit WoW about 10 years ago so I'm kinda rusty in these things 🙂 Intel's driver is 30.0.101.1960, Radeon is at 27.20.20904.4000 if it makes any sense.

When I first started your demo there was a moment of DOS prompt and then nothing. No worries if my laptop cannot run it, it's not a workhorse. I just got a tidy bit worried, questioning my life decisions and uploading the executable on VirusTotal.

Handle your exceptions if you can, please 🙂

Just so you know, all my EXEs are code signed tinyBigGAMES LLC (for your confidence and peace of mind). I would never intentionally release malicious software. I do understand your concern however, I would have been thinking the same thing, LOL. I suspect most likely the virus scanner which is interfering with it. I use Window Defender too and I have exclude all Delphi related folders just to be able to use it comfortably, else I get random AVs and other issues all day long. If you have a folder that you have excluded or if you could possible exclude GVExamples folder and see it will run. Note, you can right click on the exe, view properties and you will find its signed. LOL, "questioning my life decisions", how many times have I been to that very place. I do appreciate you check it out though. This demo is in the repo, and you can directly compile it in Delphi.

19 hours ago, aehimself said:

Windows Defender. I know what sites to visit and what to download / execute 🙂

Spot on. Win10 Pro x64.

No idea. I have an on-board Intel 620 and an additional Radeon R5 M430. The last time I used my PC for gaming was when I quit WoW about 10 years ago so I'm kinda rusty in these things 🙂 Intel's driver is 30.0.101.1960, Radeon is at 27.20.20904.4000 if it makes any sense.

When I first started your demo there was a moment of DOS prompt and then nothing. No worries if my laptop cannot run it, it's not a workhorse. I just got a tidy bit worried, questioning my life decisions and uploading the executable on VirusTotal.

Handle your exceptions if you can, please 🙂

I found the issue and updated GVExample, it should work for you now. You can redownload from the release page. Sorry about that. The repo has been updated as well. Thanks for reporting. 👏

• Like 1

Nice fix from a standard Windows application error 🙂

Where can I report more and how? 🙂 One demo locks up the application, 3 other causes it to crash completely.