Sign in to follow this  
Rollo62

Android libraries (Kastri), cannot be added to 32-Bit and 64-Bit platform

Hi there,

I'm playing around with the platform behaviours, and I found some strange behaviour when adding them to both 32-Bit and 64.Bit.

(1) 32-Bit node:

While it is possible to add the library to 32-Bit,

image.png.5be49e1c3e3cc7439db6461d8d282ef3.png

image.png.2ddba80292dd5046c11c53f305c13fb3.png

<== dw-kastri-base-2.0.0.jar was added

(2) 64-Bit node:

it seems impossible to add the same library to the 64-Bit node:

image.png.cb970ccbd364a1348c08ef7d9a3bfe79.png

image.png.68de1fcfc4e38fbef9dec2f82958a5c2.png

<== dw-kastri-base-2.0.0.jar cannot be added

Although it seems pretty much possible to add different libraries under the same name ( see work-runtime-2.1.0.dex.jar or others of the default libraries ).

In case (2) under 64-Bit I don't get any error or message or something, it simply didn't appear in the list above.

It seems to work when I add under 32-Bit only, also under 64-Bit (at least I don't see any errors here), but it doesn't work when I add it under 64-Bit node only.

Then it seems not be available in the 32-Bit node.

It seems to compile, run and work anyhow, see enclosed demo, but I'm unsure if this by lucky accident ony.

Maybe you have some idea what could be going wrong here ?.

T457_TestAndLib_001.zip

Running under Delphi D11.1 Patch 1

Edited by Rollo62

@Dave Nottage

Thanks, that's interesting.

Unfortunately it doesn't give me a clue howto workaround these issues really in a reliable way ( currently I'm not dealing with service, but wanted to know howto handle the .jar in the right way ).

I considered a "brute-force" copy and paste the same library into the 32/64 Bit structures, but I had to realize that this is only one structure under a general entry "<ItemGroup>",

which has no platform specific versions.

<ItemGroup>
        <DelphiCompile Include="$(MainSource)">
            <MainSource>MainSource</MainSource>
        </DelphiCompile>
        <DCCReference Include="Unit1.pas">
            <Form>Form1</Form>
            <FormType>fmx</FormType>
        </DCCReference>
        <JavaReference Include="..\..\..\Kastri\Src\Lib\dw-kastri-base-2.0.0.jar">
            <Disabled/>
        </JavaReference>
        <BuildConfiguration Include="Base">
            <Key>Base</Key>
        </BuildConfiguration>
        <BuildConfiguration Include="Debug">
            <Key>Cfg_1</Key>
            <CfgParent>Base</CfgParent>
        </BuildConfiguration>
        <BuildConfiguration Include="Release">
            <Key>Cfg_2</Key>
            <CfgParent>Base</CfgParent>
        </BuildConfiguration>
    </ItemGroup>

That would explain why there is a "There can only be one" behaviour for the .jars.

I slightly assume it doen't really matter if the library is in the 32- or 64-Bit tree, as long as it is there it will be taken for both.

Howto ensure that it is taken for both, is there a secret Delphi switch ?

Strange is that there were are separate library trees for the standard libraries, for 32- and 64-Bits, just as it should be:

<PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Base_Android)'!=''">  //<== 32-Bit
        <DCC_UsePackage>fmx;DbxCommonDriver;bindengine;IndyIPCommon;emsclient;FireDACCommonDriver;IndyProtocols;Skia.Package.RTL;IndyIPClient;dbxcds;FmxTeeUI;bindcompfmx;ibmonitor;FireDACSqliteDriver;DbxClientDriver;soapmidas;fmxFireDAC;dbexpress;inet;DataSnapCommon;dbrtl;FireDACDBXDriver;Skia.Package.FMX;CustomIPTransport;DBXInterBaseDriver;IndySystem;ibxbindings;bindcomp;FireDACCommon;IndyCore;RESTBackendComponents;bindcompdbx;rtl;RESTComponents;DBXSqliteDriver;IndyIPServer;dsnapxml;DataSnapClient;DataSnapProviderClient;DataSnapFireDAC;emsclientfiredac;FireDAC;FireDACDSDriver;xmlrtl;tethering;ibxpress;dsnap;CloudService;FMXTee;DataSnapNativeClient;soaprtl;soapserver;FireDACIBDriver;$(DCC_UsePackage)</DCC_UsePackage>
        <VerInfo_Keys>package=com.embarcadero.$(MSBuildProjectName);label=$(MSBuildProjectName);versionCode=1;versionName=1.0.0;persistent=False;restoreAnyVersion=False;installLocation=auto;largeHeap=False;theme=TitleBar;hardwareAccelerated=true;apiKey=</VerInfo_Keys>
        <BT_BuildType>Debug</BT_BuildType>
        <VerInfo_IncludeVerInfo>true</VerInfo_IncludeVerInfo>
        <Android_LauncherIcon36>$(BDS)\bin\Artwork\Android\FM_LauncherIcon_36x36.png</Android_LauncherIcon36>
        <Android_NotificationIcon96>$(BDS)\bin\Artwork\Android\FM_NotificationIcon_96x96.png</Android_NotificationIcon96>
//<== 32-Bit Jars
        <EnabledSysJars>annotation-1.2.0.dex.jar;asynclayoutinflater-1.0.0.dex.jar;billing-4.0.0.dex.jar;browser-1.0.0.dex.jar;cloud-messaging.dex.jar;collection-1.0.0.dex.jar;coordinatorlayout-1.0.0.dex.jar;core-1.5.0-rc02.dex.jar;core-common-2.0.1.dex.jar;core-runtime-2.0.1.dex.jar;cursoradapter-1.0.0.dex.jar;customview-1.0.0.dex.jar;documentfile-1.0.0.dex.jar;drawerlayout-1.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-annotations-16.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-common-20.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-components-17.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-datatransport-18.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-encoders-17.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-encoders-json-18.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-iid-interop-17.1.0.dex.jar;firebase-installations-17.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-installations-interop-17.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-measurement-connector-19.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-messaging-22.0.0.dex.jar;fmx.dex.jar;fragment-1.0.0.dex.jar;google-play-licensing.dex.jar;interpolator-1.0.0.dex.jar;javax.inject-1.dex.jar;legacy-support-core-ui-1.0.0.dex.jar;legacy-support-core-utils-1.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-common-2.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-livedata-2.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-livedata-core-2.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-runtime-2.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-service-2.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-viewmodel-2.0.0.dex.jar;listenablefuture-1.0.dex.jar;loader-1.0.0.dex.jar;localbroadcastmanager-1.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-ads-20.1.0.dex.jar;play-services-ads-base-20.1.0.dex.jar;play-services-ads-identifier-17.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-ads-lite-20.1.0.dex.jar;play-services-base-17.5.0.dex.jar;play-services-basement-17.6.0.dex.jar;play-services-cloud-messaging-16.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-drive-17.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-games-21.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-location-18.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-maps-17.0.1.dex.jar;play-services-measurement-base-18.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-measurement-sdk-api-18.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-places-placereport-17.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-stats-17.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-tasks-17.2.0.dex.jar;print-1.0.0.dex.jar;room-common-2.1.0.dex.jar;room-runtime-2.1.0.dex.jar;slidingpanelayout-1.0.0.dex.jar;sqlite-2.0.1.dex.jar;sqlite-framework-2.0.1.dex.jar;swiperefreshlayout-1.0.0.dex.jar;transport-api-3.0.0.dex.jar;transport-backend-cct-3.0.0.dex.jar;transport-runtime-3.0.0.dex.jar;user-messaging-platform-1.0.0.dex.jar;versionedparcelable-1.1.1.dex.jar;viewpager-1.0.0.dex.jar;work-runtime-2.1.0.dex.jar</EnabledSysJars>
    </PropertyGroup>

<PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Base_Android64)'!=''">   //<== 64-Bit
        <DCC_UsePackage>fmx;DbxCommonDriver;bindengine;IndyIPCommon;emsclient;FireDACCommonDriver;IndyProtocols;Skia.Package.RTL;IndyIPClient;dbxcds;PkS4_Core_Rx1111;FmxTeeUI;bindcompfmx;hclcore_xe11;ibmonitor;FireDACSqliteDriver;DbxClientDriver;soapmidas;fmxFireDAC;dbexpress;inet;DataSnapCommon;htmleditcore_xe11;htmledit_xe11;dbrtl;FireDACDBXDriver;htmlcomp_xe11;Skia.Package.FMX;CustomIPTransport;DBXInterBaseDriver;IndySystem;ibxbindings;bindcomp;FireDACCommon;IndyCore;RESTBackendComponents;bindcompdbx;rtl;RESTComponents;DBXSqliteDriver;IndyIPServer;dsnapxml;DataSnapClient;DataSnapProviderClient;DataSnapFireDAC;emsclientfiredac;FireDAC;FireDACDSDriver;xmlrtl;tethering;ibxpress;dsnap;CloudService;FMXTee;DataSnapNativeClient;soaprtl;soapserver;FireDACIBDriver;$(DCC_UsePackage)</DCC_UsePackage>
        <VerInfo_Keys>package=com.embarcadero.$(MSBuildProjectName);label=$(MSBuildProjectName);versionCode=1;versionName=1.0.0;persistent=False;restoreAnyVersion=False;installLocation=auto;largeHeap=False;theme=TitleBar;hardwareAccelerated=true;apiKey=</VerInfo_Keys>
        <BT_BuildType>Debug</BT_BuildType>
        <VerInfo_IncludeVerInfo>true</VerInfo_IncludeVerInfo>
        <Android_LauncherIcon36>$(BDS)\bin\Artwork\Android\FM_LauncherIcon_36x36.png</Android_LauncherIcon36>
        <Android_NotificationIcon96>$(BDS)\bin\Artwork\Android\FM_NotificationIcon_96x96.png</Android_NotificationIcon96>
//<== 64-Bit Jars
        <EnabledSysJars>annotation-1.2.0.dex.jar;asynclayoutinflater-1.0.0.dex.jar;billing-4.0.0.dex.jar;browser-1.0.0.dex.jar;cloud-messaging.dex.jar;collection-1.0.0.dex.jar;coordinatorlayout-1.0.0.dex.jar;core-1.5.0-rc02.dex.jar;core-common-2.0.1.dex.jar;core-runtime-2.0.1.dex.jar;cursoradapter-1.0.0.dex.jar;customview-1.0.0.dex.jar;documentfile-1.0.0.dex.jar;drawerlayout-1.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-annotations-16.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-common-20.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-components-17.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-datatransport-18.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-encoders-17.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-encoders-json-18.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-iid-interop-17.1.0.dex.jar;firebase-installations-17.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-installations-interop-17.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-measurement-connector-19.0.0.dex.jar;firebase-messaging-22.0.0.dex.jar;fmx.dex.jar;fragment-1.0.0.dex.jar;google-play-licensing.dex.jar;interpolator-1.0.0.dex.jar;javax.inject-1.dex.jar;legacy-support-core-ui-1.0.0.dex.jar;legacy-support-core-utils-1.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-common-2.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-livedata-2.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-livedata-core-2.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-runtime-2.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-service-2.0.0.dex.jar;lifecycle-viewmodel-2.0.0.dex.jar;listenablefuture-1.0.dex.jar;loader-1.0.0.dex.jar;localbroadcastmanager-1.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-ads-20.1.0.dex.jar;play-services-ads-base-20.1.0.dex.jar;play-services-ads-identifier-17.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-ads-lite-20.1.0.dex.jar;play-services-base-17.5.0.dex.jar;play-services-basement-17.6.0.dex.jar;play-services-cloud-messaging-16.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-drive-17.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-games-21.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-location-18.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-maps-17.0.1.dex.jar;play-services-measurement-base-18.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-measurement-sdk-api-18.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-places-placereport-17.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-stats-17.0.0.dex.jar;play-services-tasks-17.2.0.dex.jar;print-1.0.0.dex.jar;room-common-2.1.0.dex.jar;room-runtime-2.1.0.dex.jar;slidingpanelayout-1.0.0.dex.jar;sqlite-2.0.1.dex.jar;sqlite-framework-2.0.1.dex.jar;swiperefreshlayout-1.0.0.dex.jar;transport-api-3.0.0.dex.jar;transport-backend-cct-3.0.0.dex.jar;transport-runtime-3.0.0.dex.jar;user-messaging-platform-1.0.0.dex.jar;versionedparcelable-1.1.1.dex.jar;viewpager-1.0.0.dex.jar;work-runtime-2.1.0.dex.jar</EnabledSysJars>
    </PropertyGroup>

Just looking at the "annotation-1.2.0.dex.jar" entry, there were two places where it is included.

While for the external libraries, see above, Delphi allows only one place for all architectures, strange.

Still I'm unsure if this one will be enough for compilation of Android-32 and -64, how could I check if a library is binded into the package ?

I can find the reference, I assume, inside the classes.dex, but not sure if it always gets there .

image.thumb.png.6fb8506190bbcf0a7bab247ab059627d.png

Will there be any useful error message, if the reference would be missing, either in 32- or 64-Bit or both ?

This error hopefully pops by linker failures.

When I would ever need to handle separate 32- and 64-Bit Jars, I'm afraid there is no option in Delphi to do that right now,

maybe by adding a wrapper JAR only, handling that externally.

4 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

Unfortunately it doesn't give me a clue howto workaround these issues

Your first post didn't seem to imply that there were any issues (other than it being confusing, which it is), in fact it stated:

8 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

It seems to compile, run and work anyhow

There isn't any way of "working around" the confusion - Embarcadero would need to change the way the IDE works, and/or make it clearer to the developer why it works this way

8 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Your first post didn't seem to imply that there were any issues (other than it being confusing, which it is), in fact it stated:

Yes, sorry for that.

I am currently chasing some strange behaviours I see on some older Android systems maybe connected with Android-32 CPU.

Thats why I just try to look into all possible corners to find a reason, but I have no clear reproducable error right now.