Lajos Juhász

F2084 Internal Error: D33566

Is it just me or D11.1 update 1 has a problem debugging a runtime package?

I was changing/debugging the core runtime package for the application. The workflow was the folowing:

1.) compile the package,

2.) run the package inside a host application.

3.) Make change

4.) Restart the IDE.

Without step 4 I would get instantly internal error.

For what platform ?

From my setup here:

Under Android64, debugging is broken in more complex projects, already since >= 10.4 or so, simply starts veeery slow, shows blackscreen and stops.

Under Android32, debugging is still fine and fluid.

But I haven't seen such D33566 yet.

My recommendationm for any Internal error is, to completely clean all compiled, temporary stuff, and build the project new.

That resolved the internal errors in 99.9% in my cases, which leads to my opinion that internal errors are causes mostly by mainy failing processes, leaving DCU or other files in a ghost state.

1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

That resolved the internal errors in 99.9% in my cases, which leads to my opinion that internal errors are causes mostly by mainy failing processes, leaving DCU or other files in a ghost state.

Unfortunately that doesn't help for a VCL bpl. I have another common internal error:

[dcc32 Fatal Error] core.dpk(358): F2084 Internal Error: AV11A8360D(11A60000)-R00FC101E-0

For this it was enough to add a period after the unit name:

unit csv.;

Try Compile the package (compilation failed as it should be), remove the period and when I tried to compile it I got this error. Of course I cannot reproduce this with a "hello world package".

Edited by Lajos Juhász

7 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

remove the period and when I tried to compile it I got this error.

If that happens consistently, then you might be able to trace the last unit compiled using sysinternals process monitor. Having that might help you work backwards into a "reproduce failure package".  You would have to judge if that activity is worth the effort, and i honestly do not know if it will fix anything for you.

I always disable Enable Unit Directory Cache under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\Compiling

Now I get the same error while trying to debug Synedit 2. Just change something in source for SynEditDR.dproj to trigger compile as Break point stopped working and got an internal error.

I have exactly the same problem than  Lajos Juhász in Alexandria 11.1. I did only use the RadServer template.  So it is not something to do with my code or large project. As soon as I change something (I change a comment), then  I get the internal error.  I did apply 11.1 Update 1 patch but it does not fix the issue. I did also install the patch for people working in Windows 11 (I am working in Windows 10) but it does not help.

Note that there is a Defect (RSP-37631) entered in https://quality.embarcadero.com/ 

I do suspect that it has to do with Visual Studio installed on the same machine (I have Visual Studio 2019). I have seen this in the quality portal for related defect.

Could you (@Lajos Juhász ) tell us If you have Visual Studio installed?

image.thumb.png.b449dd935b2fc18e85cc521819a44e2d.png

I did made this investigation and report it to embarcadero QA portal: Install windows 10 in a VM, install delphi 11.1. Create a RadServer project from template. Result : I am running into the same issue. So it is 100% in the hand of embarcadero. 

IMHO it is always the same of this:  https://en.delphipraxis.net/topic/4628-several-f2084-internal-error-on-delphi-1042/

It's not a D11.1 problem. This kind of problems (f2084 internal errors, av in dc32xxx.dll, ecc )  were introduced (or emphasized) at least in D10.4 if not in previuos versions.

I'm now using 11.1 too and fighting with these issues every days. There are several reports on QC but they never solved the problem. 

In my case these problems increase exponentially working on a big project group containing several BPLs, DLLs and EXEs (all VCL), when I compile one of the BPLs that are used (statically or dynamically) by the other projects. In these scenario the crash is almost at every compile. Closing the IDE and restarting all works fine.

On 9/14/2022 at 4:22 PM, Zoran Bonuš said:

Should be fixed in 11.2 (I haven't tested yet)

Hi, I've installed 11.2 quite a few days ago upgraded from 11.1 (smooth upgrade without problems with web installer).

Til now I have only recompiled/updated some of third party libriaries and do a little stuff for a couple of half days on the future release of my main app (in this moment I'm working heavily on the older project still on 10.4.2). 

I don't know if this issue is definitly solved but I worked without IDE crashes and this is good news for me (on same project on 10.4.2 the IDE crashes all time with this issue and other internal errors)! I know that it's not a complete/valide test. I'll stress the new IDE in the next days but it seems definitly more stable.

Edited by Davide Angeli