Bob Devine

PaxCompiler

On 2/11/2019 at 10:47 PM, Bob Devine said:

Since the rights to PaxCompiler have been acquired by Apex Data Solutions, they've decided not to supply it as a stand-alone royalty-free compiler, but as part of a larger interoperability suite (with no source and controlled through their licencing portal). I'm looking into the possibility of continuing development since I have a significant investment in the technology but don't have the time to become a compiler engineer! Initially I'm trying to (i) identify any compiler/interpreter developers who might be interested in contract work and (ii) identify other pax users who'd be interested in pooling bug fixes and possibly collaborating on funding further development. Obviously pax can't simply be open-sourced but I have some ideas on how to proceed in a way that keeps things legal. Any pax users who are interested can contact me on gmail (rlsdevine).

Cheers, Bob

I'm a registered PaxCompiler user, and I'm very interested in future improvements or bug fixes for PaxCompiler. Your Email Address is wrong, Google returned my email and said there is no such Email address. Could you please provide a valid Email Address?

Has anyone tried PaxCompiler with Delphi 11.3? 

It seems it has Access Violation when procedure has floating parameters under 64bit Windows.

The following script code works fine under Delphi 10.4.2 both 32bit/64bit. And Only works under Delphi 11.3 32bit.

It throw a access violation under Delphi 11.3 64bit. Has anyone encounted simlilar issue?

procedure Test1(X: Single);
begin

end;

procedure OnInitialize;
begin
  Test1(0);
end;

Project Project1.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 000001FF5EDB016E. Read of address 000000006DE82200'.
---------------------------
ThreadId=5812
ProcessId=25
ThreadName=""
ExceptionMessage="Access violation at address 000001FF5EDB016E. Read of address 000000006DE82200"
ExceptionName="EAccessViolation"
ExceptionDisplayName="$C0000005"
ExceptionAddress=1FF5EDB016E

---------------------------

On 7/23/2023 at 5:57 AM, twinsoft said:

Try using PaxInterpreter instead of PaxProgram. It should work...

Yes, it no longer has AV errors. But unfortunately the PaxInterpreter has other issues in my program.