Dave Novo

problem upgrading to Delphi 11.1 Patch 1

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has encountered this before.

Delphi 11.1 (initial release) was running fine on the computer (Win10).

We tried to install Patch 1 according to the instructions at

https://blogs.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-11-1-alexandria-patch-1-available/

using the "manual mode". Basically we opened the patch ZIP file and manually copied the files within the zip over the previous Delphi 11.1 files that were there. We did it folder by folder just to be paranoid and ensure we were copying the correct thing.

We then restarted Delphi, and the IDE seems to start up, but when we get past the little startup wizard we get

image.png.792042cfeb6282093398180ea04705a0.png

Does anyone have any idea why Patch 1 would trigger this problem. There is nothing trying to be loaded from a network location. All files were replaced in the standard delphi installation folders.

I ran the patch from GetIt in the IDE directly.  No such messages for me on my Windows 10.

No problem with Getit and Windows 11

Edit:  Here maybe

Edited by tgbs

We are trying to create a template machine that all developers can use. We dont want to have to have a script that all developers have to do manually, i.e. run GetIT, do X, do Y. The base machine should be setup that we just create virtual machines, join them to the domain, and developers login and are up and running.

In fact, we are setting up the entire machine via Ansible, so its completely automated, documented and under version control. This ridiculous patch issue is our last issue. I dont see why when they release a patch then EMB cannot rebuild an installer with the patch incorporated.

• Like 1

I've installed the patch manually and got the same error. I've tried the solution indicated by Microsoft but without sucess....

Well, I can confirm that using the "override method" (manually copying the files from the zip file to the installation folder) does not work, like i told i got the error described, but using the installation script from Embarcadero does work. It seems that for some reason the PatchTool.exe uses some kind of magic....

The zip file came from another computer (the Internet) and is probably marked as such. Perhaps some copied files are getting the flag set in some circumstances? Try checking the unblock checkbox before extracting/copying.

CaptureFromAnotherComputer.thumb.PNG.282d2c4e9b0c62300495d0418053e13c.PNG

On 5/13/2022 at 1:31 PM, Dave Novo said:

We are trying to create a template machine that all developers can use. We dont want to have to have a script that all developers have to do manually, i.e. run GetIT, do X, do Y. The base machine should be setup that we just create virtual machines, join them to the domain, and developers login and are up and running.

In fact, we are setting up the entire machine via Ansible, so its completely automated, documented and under version control. This ridiculous patch issue is our last issue. I dont see why when they release a patch then EMB cannot rebuild an installer with the patch incorporated.

How are you handling per-user licensing?

• Like 1