Darian Miller

2022 Stack Overflow Developer Survey

Done.

But the personal questions had gone way beyond of good taste, IMHO.

2 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

But the personal questions had gone way beyond of good taste, IMHO.

Agreed, however you don't have to answer all of those.. most have a prefer not to say option. I really don't know why they need to ask about my sexuality etc 🙄 

8 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

Agreed, however you don't have to answer all of those.. most have a prefer not to say option. I really don't know why they need to ask about my sexuality etc 🙄 

I presume that they are concerned that their community isn't discriminating against any particular groups of people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

My guess is, next year they'll ask about sex in the workplace and need to set up possible combinations...

But joking aside I participated in the survey too. :classic_cheerleader:

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

My guess is, next year they'll ask about sex in the workplace and need to set up possible combinations...

Next year SO: I've found 3 programmers of the same tastes and appropriate sexual orientation near you. Send them "lunch pull request"?

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Sherlock said:

1 hour ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

Next year SO: I've found 3 programmers of the same tastes and appropriate sexual orientation near you. Send them "lunch pull request"?

These sort of shitty posts are precisely why SO ask these questions. 

Edited by David Heffernan
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2022 at 10:47 AM, Darian Miller said:

Now includes Delphi / RAD Studio options.

This isn't the first time it included Delphi. After a lot of pressure one year they opened a lot of questions up with write-in options and in spite of a promotional campaign from Marco, David I., etc., Delphi only scored 0.78% so it was omitted from future surveys. The most frustrating thing is that they've decided the simplest way to anonymize the raw survey data they distribute is to omit any write-in answers. 😞 That made it impossible for me to do data analysis regarding Delphi from that point forward. Being a formal choice again will be great because I know myself and a few others in the community loved to slice and dice the Delphi data.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dmitry Arefiev said:

Not doable for me ...  After clicking on the link I see the running circle forever ...

It seems to still be available, until end of day.  I'd suggest trying a different browser - we need your vote.  🙂

14 hours ago, Dmitry Arefiev said:

Not doable for me ...  After clicking on the link I see the running circle forever ...

Temporarily disabling the ad-blocker solved that for me.

• Thanks 1

Latest Firefox / Win7 (clean cache, disable plugins, what ever ...) - does not work

Safari / macOS - works well

Done.