bazzer747

Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

Hi,

I have an Delphi 10.4 VCL app which connects to a remote MSSQL Server. This app works fine on my development PC and the Firedac setup is the same as I have on other apps I've created.

However, whist these other apps also work fine on my clients PCs this particular app gives the above error message (snap attached). It would appear there is a difference in this app to the others but I cannot see any. I've created a small app which solely connects to MSSQL and this fails on these PCs also, which now makes me think there is something not setup correctly on their PCs.

Any thoughts as to why I am getting this error would be appreciated. 

xx.jpg

The text on the image that you've attached is not readable. As far as I can see you're using ODBC connection that is not configured on that PC. Be aware that windows have a 32 bit and 64 bit version of the ODBC Data Source Administrator and you have to create the data source in the one that matches your application. A 32 bit application cannot connect to 64 bit data source.

Ah, good point. Sorry about the image it was sent by my client. I've assumed the PCs are 64bit and are OK with how I've configured my other apps, that all work OK (all are 64bit). I'll investigate further.