RoddyP

C++Builder 11 - any way of compiling .PAS?

I've been using RadStudio2010 Pro for the last decade(!) for C++ apps. It's time finally to upgrade to 11.1 

Inevitably there have been some 3rd party Delphi components that need compiling from source.

Does C++Builder version include any Delphi compiler (maybe command line only?), or do I need the full RADStudio just to use these?  

6 hours ago, Roger Cigol said:

If you want to compile Delphi you have to get RAD Studio 11.1

Thanks, That's rather as expected. 🙂

7 hours ago, RoddyP said:

Does C++Builder version include any Delphi compiler (maybe command line only?), or do I need the full RADStudio just to use these?  

C++Builder has always included the ability to compile Delphi .pas files that are added to C++ projects.  But, if you need to compile Delphi projects for use in C++, then you will need the full Studio.

Edited by Remy Lebeau

On 5/26/2022 at 10:54 AM, RoddyP said:

Inevitably there have been some 3rd party Delphi components that need compiling from source.

You can use C++Builder to install Delphi packages with some manual steps.

First you compile the package from the command line:

"%BDS%\bin\dcc32.exe" -JL -LE<BPL_OUTPUTDIR> -NB<DCP_OUTPUTDIR> -NH<INCLUDEDIR> Package.dpk

Afterwards you can use the IDE (Component -> Install Packages -> Add) to register the bpl manually.

HTH, Hans

• Like 1

Thankyou. Three very different answers 🙂

A good discount on Studio from a local distributor made the decision rather easier,