abdellahmehdi

sql query

To take it literally: no results can be displayed during editing.

There is no built-in query editor in Delphi for TDataSet descendants. Some third party components provide them and some include being able to run the query. One example is FireDac where it accessed by double left clicking or right clicking the component. The dbGo components provide no such editor.  

Edited by Brian Evans

2 hours ago, Stano said:

no results can be displayed during editing.

2 hours ago, Brian Evans said:

FireDac where it accessed by double left clicking or right clicking the component.

I didn't see it was ADOQuery until I zoom picture ! (I don't even understand how we can still use it, but I hate ADO :classic_angry: for a long time now) Firedac is my prefered set of database components 

• Like 1

First: Ieks. Extended ascii characters in a table name? I wouldn't do that.

Second: What is "FROM tablename := :A". Does that work in SQL?

Can you parameterize a tablename in a query in ADO?

Or did you mean "FROM tablename WHERE field := :A" ?

3 hours ago, Brian Evans said:

There is no built-in query editor in Delphi for TDataSet descendants. Some third party components provide them and some include being able to run the query. One example is FireDac where it accessed by double left clicking or right clicking the component. The dbGo components provide no such editor.  

I forgot about that. But in the editor, as I explained the question, it doesn't work.
I basically use a visual builder for SQL query text. It saves time and especially nerves:classic_cheerleader: