al17nichols

sqlmemtable

Is sqlmemtable by AidAim Software active and a viable solution.  Performance stats indicate that it is a interesting product, but the demos are old and do not appear to run.  I can't find youtube  videos or any 3rd party literature.  If this is not a viable solution what is the best choice for a memory table use in Delphi 11.1 or Delphi Berlin.

Its homepage has a lot of encoding errors (at least in my language), I don't remember when I last saw pictures of CD ROMs on web pages and the text advertises it to be compatible with Delphi 7 and Delphi 2006. Go figure.

Delphi comes with FireDAC memory tables that support SQL.

Local SQL (FireDAC) - RAD Studio (embarcadero.com)

Delphi 10.2: Using Local SQL with Firedac Memory Tables - Stack Overflow

Edited by Der schöne Günther

Site is OK, I personally prefer old-school functionality over fancy whistles that require tons of JS and refuse to work on 1-yr old browsers because of some "cutting edge techs" used.

The company seems alive, table gets updates, minimal sources cost $300 which is quite acceptable for the announced feature set. However, also consider alternatives like FireDAC, maybe DevExpress, or even opensource Zeos or RxMemDS depending on your needs.

Thanks for the responses.  Simply looking for the best performing solution that supports adding, deleting, perhaps master / detail relationships.  Some analysis showed SQLMemtable with very good performance.  Really hoping to discover more information on table definitions, and other examples.

DEVART UniDac components have TVirtualTable, Dataset that stores data in memory and TVirtualQuery  Dataset that allows to use SQL statements to retrieve data from in-memory datasets or simultaneously from several different RDBMS'es.

I haven't used them in a production project, but I do use them constantly to simulate DataSets in tests. I used to use TClientDataSet but TVirtualTable has an AutoInc field that TClientDataSet does not and most of my tables do.

Component List (devart.com)  

1 hour ago, al17nichols said:

Thanks for the responses.  Simply looking for the best performing solution that supports adding, deleting, perhaps master / detail relationships.  Some analysis showed SQLMemtable with very good performance.  Really hoping to discover more information on table definitions, and other examples.

If you need no SQL, you can use almost any implementation.

Would be interesting to benchmark opensource options against commercial ones

45 minutes ago, Gary said:

but TVirtualTable has an AutoInc field that TClientDataSet does not and most of my tables do.

I avoid AutoInc. Reason: I have no control over him. I basically get it and I can do whatever I want with it. I know it has the right value. What can be a problem with multiple (multiple users) access to the DB. Only now has it been resolved here. This is very important when bulk editing data.