Sign in to follow this  
patrik-xyndata

Parallels on MacOS, Designer problems

Hello, I'm using Delphi on macOS with Parallels, with setup 500% scaling.

Text Editor looks like it should, everything is fine.

But in designer the components and everything is sooooo small, that I can't read it / see it.

When the App is compiled, everything looks just fine....

I do not know what to do :(

13 hours ago, patrik-xyndata said:

Hello, I'm using Delphi on macOS with Parallels, with setup 500% scaling.

Text Editor looks like it should, everything is fine.

But in designer the components and everything is sooooo small, that I can't read it / see it.

When the App is compiled, everything looks just fine....

I do not know what to do 😞

In Delphi 11 the designer itself can be configured to be DPI-aware. Which version are you using?

2 hours ago, PeterBelow said:

In Delphi 11 the designer itself can be configured to be DPI-aware. Which version are you using?

Thank you very much for the answer. I'm using the newest one 11.1 with all the latest patches. Where can I set that? I was searching and didn't found. 😞

2 hours ago, patrik-xyndata said:

Thank you very much for the answer. I'm using the newest one 11.1 with all the latest patches. Where can I set that? I was searching and didn't found. 😞

Tools -> Options -> User interface -> Form designer -> High DPI

For VCL, be aware that this High DPI setting in options can impact how your VCL application forms render when you run the app in older versions of Windows (e.g. Windows 7).  I think older versions of Windows can not handle the change of DPI setting, since, for VCL, the IDE actually stores the scaled form and control values (left/top/width/height).  Should be OK if your app is only intended for Windows 10 and up.

Edited by Incus J

42 minutes ago, Incus J said:

Should be OK if your app is only intended for Windows 10 and up.

Since the per-monitor dpi (v1) was introduced in Win 8.1 there should programs also work.

Yes - if Per-Monitor v1 is supported then that makes sense.  But I think Delphi only supports Per-Monitor v2, which was introduced in the Windows 10 Creators Update (1703).

Windows 7 failed to scale down my VCL app when I tested - but I haven't tested it in Windows 8.

Edited by Incus J