Martin Sedgewick

10.3.1 has been released

Is there any time frame for 10.3.2?
When Apple keep there release date cycle of macOS, we can except, that the new macOS without 32Bit support will be in Sept. this year.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RonaldK said:

What about 64Bit compiler for macOS?

Wasn't that scheduled for Rio Service Pack 1?

The road map mentions 10.3.x, so I guess we can expect at  least a 10.3.2 in the next months.

8 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

The road map mentions 10.3.x, so I guess we can expect at  least a 10.3.2 in the next months.

The roadmaps before planned this for Tokyo, then Rio, then Rio service pack 1. 

Now it's officially 10.3.x, not directly 10.3.2. Just Matthias mention this.

It's hard to believe that it will be available in time and Firemonkey will fully work with the new compiler. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kryvich said:

@mijn Same here. But I saved IDE settings before updating using Migration tool. So I still hope to install Delphi 10.3.1 without reinstalling all components.

P.S. I uninstalled Delphi 10.3 and installed Delphi 10.3.1. All components are here. Only IDE Fix Pack had to be reinstalled.

How did you uninstall without loosing registry settings ?

29 minutes ago, Markus Kinzler said:

And starting september Google also askes for 64 Bit native apps (ndk).

Yes, but you can run existing/old 32 bit apps.

I fear that you cant do this on the next macOS.
Any company with 32 bit only, will get out of business on this platform.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, mijn said:

How did you uninstall without loosing registry settings ?

When removing say "NO" to "Do you want to remove all Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.3 entries from your registry?"

@Kryvich  As I mentioned I just get die option to update. Never get the dialog asking about uninstalling. Trying to uninstall with 10.3.1 installer it throws exception after exception, finally freezes and I have to kill it via task manager.

Ok, upgrade completed and things seem to be in place except the Connection Managers. 

I can see the files in Documents. Anyone knows how to make the (new) IDE recognise them? Does it use the registry?

Edit: It doesn't seem to recognise GetIt installed packages.....sadly

Edited by John Kouraklis

9 hours ago, Silver Black said:

Nobody talks about any improvements...

IDE no longer flickers when you compile/build 😃

Probably the most important fixes and improvements are in iOS platform - including fix for compiling/linking 3rd party libraries against iOS 12 SDK. 

And then there is a bunch of bug fixes in other areas. So plenty of improvements, just not big ones. Or depends how you look at it, if your code was affected, then even single small fix can be great improvement.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Silver Black said:

Nobody talks about any improvements...

Perhaps people tend to prefer talking about things that don't work.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Talking about more things that (still) don't work:

The GExperts Editor-Popup-Menu still does not work if Images are assigned. So I have left the workaround (not assign Images) in place.

6 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

IDE no longer flickers when you compile/build 😃

Probably the most important fixes and improvements are in iOS platform - including fix for compiling/linking 3rd party libraries against iOS 12 SDK. 

And then there is a bunch of bug fixes in other areas. So plenty of improvements, just not big ones. Or depends how you look at it, if your code was affected, then even single small fix can be great improvement.

That's very good to hear! I hate that flickering!!!

5 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Perhaps people tend to prefer talking about things that don't work.

True: generally, most of the reviews of any products is about complains. Who is happy about something rarely write something about it.

Installing the update.

Small note: the flickering lables duringi the installation to show the progress are really cheap. 😠 I use doublebuffer to avoid that. 

This error showed up...

but then I clicked "retry" and it worked. 🙂

I'm reporting here just for information if it would happen to other user.

Last note: IDEFixPack for 10.3 is not compatibile with 10.3.1, you receive some Unhandled Exceptions starting the IDE, but uninstalling the component solve the problem I suggest to uninstall them before installing the update.

D10.3.1 installer error.png

D10.3.1 installer success.png

Hi,

I installed 10.3.1 without any problems. My machine is old and I still have Delphi XE, Berlin, Tokyo and Rio installed. I mostly use Tokyo, but I'm confident and I'm migrating my projects to Rio Update 1.

• I use the migration tool to export my settings from 10.3 to a file. (Very important step!!!)
  • Used the feature install (  Tools -> Manage platform is present ).  Emb. should change the way to distinguish between one and another. Messing up a delphi installation by using the wrong installer would cost at day or two to reinstall everything.
  • Selected "NO" since I WANT TO KEEP MY REGISTRY settings. Please consider change this too. Instead of YES or NO, please use something like: "Keep your settings" / "New installation".
  • Selected all the features I want installed
  • Waited for an hour
  • Clicked "Start working" and voilá(*)

*I was almost ready. Some components where there, but other no. Especially my Library path. This is why you need the migration tool. Import the file and you're done!

The 10.3.1 IDE is more stable than 10.3. This week I will migrate more projects and I will be able to compare against 10.2, but it seems 10.3.1 is a LOT better than 10.2
I'm working on a Win64 project (Multithreaded TCP/UDP communication with InterThread messaging).
With 10.3 I had 4 or 5 crashes a day. With 10.3.1 NONE ( so far ). With 10.2 I had to use IDE Fix pack (No crashes at all for days). So far I'm not using IDE fix pack in 10.3.1 and I don't feel like I need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clément said:

Hi,

I installed 10.3.1 without any problems. My machine is old and I still have Delphi XE, Berlin, Tokyo and Rio installed. I mostly use Tokyo, but I'm confident and I'm migrating my projects to Rio Update 1.

• I use the migration tool to export my settings from 10.3 to a file. (Very important step!!!)
  • Used the feature install (  Tools -> Manage platform is present ).  Emb. should change the way to distinguish between one and another. Messing up a delphi installation by using the wrong installer would cost at day or two to reinstall everything.
  • Selected "NO" since I WANT TO KEEP MY REGISTRY settings. Please consider change this too. Instead of YES or NO, please use something like: "Keep your settings" / "New installation".
  • Selected all the features I want installed
  • Waited for an hour
  • Clicked "Start working" and voilá(*)

*I was almost ready. Some components where there, but other no. Especially my Library path. This is why you need the migration tool. Import the file and you're done!

The 10.3.1 IDE is more stable than 10.3. This week I will migrate more projects and I will be able to compare against 10.2, but it seems 10.3.1 is a LOT better than 10.2
I'm working on a Win64 project (Multithreaded TCP/UDP communication with InterThread messaging).
With 10.3 I had 4 or 5 crashes a day. With 10.3.1 NONE ( so far ). With 10.2 I had to use IDE Fix pack (No crashes at all for days). So far I'm not using IDE fix pack in 10.3.1 and I don't feel like I need it.

Thank you, very useful. I used Migration Tool too, but answering NO to that registry Keys question I thought it was useless since I found all my settings back on, but I hadn't still looked at the library path!

Every works more smoothly but I have this error anytime I open a form of a project, just for the first time. Despite of this everything works fine.

Now I'm trying to reinstall the Update from scratch, deleting every registry key (I'll answer YES). I hope the Migration Tool will do the magic...

Immagine.png

Uninstalled ZipForge and reinstalled… now the error seems to be gone. But I don't know if now is better to uninstall Delphi 10.3.1 and do a clean install of the Update with no other components. Maybe only then I would reimport my Migration Tools settings… 

They say "Expanded support for iOS 12 and iPhone X series devices"

How is the "iPhone X" series addressed? There is no view or device simulation when working on the GUI.

Any iPhone X templates? I don't see anything.

or am I missing something?

Edited by sjordi

Still no luck installing 10.3.1

- saved settings with Migration Tool

- uninstalled

- enough space of > 40 GB on drive D

- started installer with installation on drive D

- Installer quits with failure "Not enough space for installation"

Edited by mijn

The Feature Installer uses the following directories:

• The Temp folder for downloaded files (default location is C:\Windows\Temp).
  • The %PUBLIC% documents folder for the extraction of downloaded files (default location is C:\Users\Public\Documents\).
  • The directory that you choose in the Options Page of the Installer for the installation (default is Program Files).

If you choose a disk/partition for the installation that is not the same disk/partition where the Temp and the %PUBLIC% documents folders are located, the installer may not detect a problem even if you do not have sufficent space on the latter. That is because the Feature Installer uses the disk/partition that you choose in the Options Page of the Installer as a base for the calculation of estimated required disk space.

• Like 1

I installed a few RAD-Studio versions with this hardware configuration. The older installers complained if on D was not enough space

and some 30 GB on C were always enough for installation from ISO of 10.1.x, 10.2.x, 10.3.0 which are all installed on this system.