Javier Tarí

MQTT: advice wanted

I'm planning to use MQTT to connect industrial devices (PLCs) to an ERP program running in Windows

Never played with that, so I hope some of you could give me any advice

The broker would be a Mosquitto

As for the Delphi side, I need something that works without troubles, so was considering purchasing the www.esegece.com components, unless suggested otherwise

Any advice would be more than welcome!

Than you in advance 

Hi Javier,

I am Sergio, the developer behind esegece.com. The MQTT client supports 3.1.1 and 5.0 protocol versions, additionally you can connect using MQTT over TCP or MQTT over WebSocket protocol, so no problem connecting to a mosquitto server.

You can download the trial to test if the product fits your needs:

https://www.esegece.com/websockets/download/download-delphi-cbuilder

And if you have any doubts or concerns you can use the following online contact form:

https://www.esegece.com/contact

Kind Regards,

Sergio

We are using the TMS MQTT component now, at the moment only for notifications from server to clientapps at the moment. 

I can imagine that if you use it for real bulk data, you maybe would setup a test for compirason in speed, reliability etc. 

(btw, the esegece components seems very promising to me also, we're considering them also here).

( i see there's an swagger/openapi generator now also!)

Edited by mvanrijnen

4 hours ago, mvanrijnen said:

We are using the TMS MQTT component now, at the moment only for notifications from server to clientapps at the moment. 

We too are using TMS MQTT to connect to a broker to send and receive. It works quite well, but we initially had some trouble with the correct signaling of lost connections.

18 hours ago, esegece said:

I am Sergio, the developer behind esegece.com. The MQTT client supports 3.1.1 and 5.0 protocol versions, additionally you can connect using MQTT over TCP or MQTT over WebSocket protocol, so no problem connecting to a mosquitto server.

Hi Sergio, does your component support mTLS (mutual TLS)? I'm working on a scenario where we want to use Scaleways IoT Hub, which offer that the clients can authenticate with the broker via mTLS.

Hi @omnibrain

I have used Sergio's esegece components in the past I can only say good things about them, the main usage for us was messaging between the core of our software and mobile devices, the software is still running as of today but we are moving our projects from delphi to other technologies.

Just to add to the conversation when we did that MQTT project  we tried with mosquitto and for us it was never reliable, I can't recall the exact details, but we ended using https://vernemq.com/ it is not available for windows but our server is Linux so no problem,  also you can use the open source version without incurring licensing costs as long as you make the build yourself instead of using the prebuilt binaries availables for download, and It's been rock solid to this day .

Good luck with your project

Regards

Mocte

2 hours ago, omnibrain said:

We too are using TMS MQTT to connect to a broker to send and receive. It works quite well, but we initially had some trouble with the correct signaling of lost connections.

Hi Sergio, does your component support mTLS (mutual TLS)? I'm working on a scenario where we want to use Scaleways IoT Hub, which offer that the clients can authenticate with the broker via mTLS.

Hello,

Yes, mTLS is supported, the client can be configured with a client certificate, so the server can authenticate the client using the certificate, this is used by some IoT vendors like Amazon AWS or Azure, which are supported too.

Kind Regards,

Sergio

• Thanks 1