MJBComp

Non-Visual Component Caption Color / Transparency IDE

I have an application where all of the Form.Color is either Black or Dark Gray.  As a result i cannot read any of the text for my non-visual components.

In the example below i have a MainMenu1, OpenDialog1, and DataSource1 objects on the form but i can't read the Captions.  I thought there was a way to make non-visual objects non-transparent so it wasn't affected by the Form color.

Anyone know of a way around this?   Some IDE setting?  

Screenshot 2022-06-24 043839.png

Edited by MJBComp

zaujímavé. Môj DataModule je čierny. všetko vidím. Formuláre sú "biele".
Skontroloval som svoje nastavenia a nenašiel som nič zvláštne.

Translation: interesting. My DataModule is black. I see everything. The forms are "white".
I checked my settings and found nothing special.

2022 06 24 12 26 12 JasotSVB_-_Delphi_11_-_dmBasic .png

2022 06 24 12 27 59 JasotSVB_-_Delphi_11_-_IdSipo .png

2022 06 24 12 32 27 Options .png

Edited by Sherlock
Inserted translation

@Stano, please try to post in English. For the time being I have inserted a google translation into your post. Feel free to enhance it.

• Thanks 1

I translate it the same way. Again, my inattention got a non-English text there:classic_blush:

9 hours ago, Stano said:

interesting. My DataModule is black. I see everything. The forms are "white".
I checked my settings and found nothing special.

You are using a Dark theme in the IDE, which presumably has white text elements defined. It sounds more like MJBComp simply has their Form's Color set to a dark color, which is not the same thing.

I have included a few more screen shots of how things are configured.  I am running Delphi 10.4.2 (Update 2).

My design objects are on a standard TForm not a DataModule.  I have tried changing themes and still no change.  In 'Stanos' screenshot where he has a dark form with the non-visual objects with white text is what i would expect to see.

I know in Delphi 7 there was an option to change the non-visual background to 'non-transparent' so the non-visual objects were not affected by the color of the background.  I have to believe there is a setting somewhere in the IDE that will fix this issue.

I don't know if its a simple option checkbox or if its somehow IDE color / theme related.  There doesn't appear to be a clear place in the interface to set/modify/change this behavior.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with a solution.

delphi.jpg

UPDATE:  i solved the problem myself.  I realized that the non-visual form objects respect the Font of the parent form.  But when i changed the Font.Color of the Parent Form it wasn't changing the text until i clicked 'SAVE'.  So it wasn't immediately apparent it had done anything.