Sign in to follow this  
dummzeuch

How can I get the list of registered interfaces and their GUIDs in a Delphi 2007 application?

I want to get a list of interfaces registered in a Delphi 2007 application (with code from within that application) in order to check for possible duplicate GUIDs.

There is a solution on GitHub which uses the System.RTTI unit, but unfortunately that unit is not available in Delphi 2007.

Is it possible to do without?

I also asked on StackOverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/q/54710667/49925

2 hours ago, David Heffernan said:

The curse of cross posting ......

Too many of my questions on SO have been closed for me to rely solely on SO any more.

3 hours ago, David Heffernan said:

The curse of cross posting ......

Off-topic, but actually, that is multi-posting.

Cross-posting is posting to several newgroups on the same server, with one single post (i.e. the single post has multiple targets and a reply in one group will usually appear in the other groups too, unless the reply was specifically set up not to do that).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rudy Velthuis said:

Off-topic, but actually, that is multi-posting.

Cross-posting is posting to several newgroups on the same server, with one single post (i.e. the single post has multiple targets and a reply in one group will usually appear in the other groups too, unless the reply was specifically set up not to do that).

There are no newsgroups here. 

5 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Too many of my questions on SO have been closed for me to rely solely on SO any more.

What about the people who you are asking for help?

I would post on one site first, and if you don't get a good response, then post elsewhere, with link to the first place. 

• Like 2

I believe there is no way without RTTI. The only things you can do is to recompile your code with a version of Delphi that has RTTI support. Or you might need to write a simple script that generates a unique GUID table and then using regular-expression you can find all your defined GUID and replace them with the new one.  

I use a freeware tool called "agent ransack" which is brilliant for quickly finding strings in whole directory trees. It also has a regular expressions option and it is lightning fast.  What's especially nice about Agent Ransack is that you can drag&drop the search results onto an editor like Notepad++ and then perform a bulk search&replace inside all opened files.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:47 PM, David Heffernan said:

There are no newsgroups here. 

Different posts were posted to different kinds of media (here, S.O.) on different servers. That is not cross-posting.

Edited by Rudy Velthuis