Sign in to follow this  
Uwe Raabe

MMX V15.1 released

Yesterday I managed to release V15.1 of MMX Code Explorer. Besides some bug fixes it implements a couple of feature requests from MMX users.

The parser system got some significant overhaul, albeit it is still far from perfect. At least there will be less errors in the MMX Explorer tree as well as better support for generics and inline var/const.

I rated the improvements worth a bump in the Minor Version number.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

Hello Uwe,

thank you for that major update. I noticed one thing where I do not know, if it is related to the new MMX build or something else:

- today IDE (11.1)  was not yet started

- I installed the update to MMX 15.1

- Then started the IDE

- Now I noticed a massive slow down when loading all the IDE packages (especially DevExpress) and task manager shows a very heavy load on BDS.exe

- It completed after some time (2-3 minutes)

- I closed the IDE

- a new start now loads much faster (like it was the days before)

It is the first time that I have seen this so could this be related to new build (some preprocessing maybe?)

1 hour ago, ULIK said:

Now I noticed a massive slow down when loading all the IDE packages (especially DevExpress) and task manager shows a very heavy load on BDS.exe

I am aware of that problem, but did not found a solution yet. MMX gets notified when a package is loaded and triggers an async scan for included components. During IDE startup a lot of packages are loaded and each triggers a scan. There are means to skip a scan when another is triggered, but that is not implemented very effective. So when a lot of packages are loaded sequentially, it will probably led to a lot of unnecessary scans.

It would be best when the IDE would notify that all packages are loaded, like it does in the splash screen. Unfortunately there is no ToolsAPI support for that.

I am planning to reduce the workload with a more sophisticated approach in one of the future updates.

Thanks to the caching of these scan results the following IDE starts are usually much smoother.

Thank you for explaining! As the packages do not change that often, I see no problem for me.

I'm sorry, I had to give up on MMX 15.1. Those heavy scans while starting the IDE makes it too hard to work with. I'm not sure about the cache as starting the IDE again the next day I noticed again such heavy loads as well as on further restarts of IDE. Unfortunately the current project I'm working on depends on a lot of external component packages as well as requires a lot of restarts of IDE over the day.

So for now I back on 15.0.49 and everything is fine again.

MMX V15.1.1 is imminent. I hope the incorporated changes will handle even that scenario.

• Like 2

Just installed 15.1.1: loading time on IDE startup is fast again! Thank you very much for fixing this!