jimsweb

How to prevent window title bar height changes when app is maximized

I created a demo app in Delphi 11.1 and when I maximize the window, the title bar height gets re-sized (squeezed). It looks like it is windows' default behavior. How do I prevent it? I just wanted to keep the same title bar height even when the window is maximized.

When window not maximized - 

7ygDp.thumb.png.bb2a38a4c17ec218ca5132bcbc63f50d.png

When window maximized and title bar height is automatically reduced!! It looks so annoying to me -  Is there a way to prevent this behavior?

D7V7F.thumb.png.93e94cf8750d4843208c801ba68a1d49.png

Can someone please advise me - how do we prevent this behavior? I just want to keep the title bar width without getting it changed. Or is there a way to manually reduce/clip  form's client area size near to the form title, so that the form title height remains the same always?  

Wait for the next Delphi release and try to use custom title bar. Unfortunately, in D11.1 custom title bar have bugs that should be addressed before it can be used.

Never noticed that behaviour in Windows before, but it is obvious when you look closely. 

I assume it was introduced when Microsoft decided Windows should have curved corners rather than rectangular, so perhaps style related.   

Angus