Skrim

Emails via Indy to Gmail

Hi

Lately I have had trouble getting emails through to addressee@gmail.com from my Delphi app Win32/D11.

Today I sent 8 emails to Gmail and 1 was returned "Message missing a valid messageID header are not 550 5.7.1 accepted".

(Every mail is generated the same way)

It seems pretty random as 7 went through and 1 not. Some days all emails to Gmail are returned, other days none.

All other addresses than Gmail have no trouble being received by the addressee .

Is there something I can set in Indy to avoid this?

7 hours ago, Skrim said:

Today I sent 8 emails to Gmail and 1 was returned "Message missing a valid messageID header are not 550 5.7.1 accepted".

I've never seen that error before.  I can't even find any mention of it online, either.

7 hours ago, Skrim said:

Indy does not generate any MessageIDs of its own (there is a piece of code commented out at the end of TIdMessage.GenerateHeader() for that). The generation of a new MessageID is typically handled by the initial SMTP server that receives the email.  However, a client can specify a MessageID if it wants to when sending a new email (ie, via the TIdMessage.MsgId property), but there is no guarantee that the initial SMTP server won't overwrite it (some servers do).

Edited by Remy Lebeau

Does the returnmail have a text attachment with the headers of your original mail? If so, does it have a (valid) messageID? Can you print that here?

Hi

I will post a copy of the returned mail tomorrow, it's at work.

You need to get password for application and send/receive emails with this password

4 hours ago, tgbs said:

You need to get password for application and send/receive emails with this password

Although that is technically correct, that has no bearing on this issue.  Skrim is able to send emails in general, so they already have valid authentication.  The issue is just that some of the emails are being rejected while others are not.  That has nothing to do with authentication.

Edited by Remy Lebeau
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 6:44 PM, Remy Lebeau said:

Although that is technically correct, that has no bearing on this issue.  Skrim is able to send emails in general, so they already have valid authentication.  The issue is just that some of the emails are being rejected while others are not.  That has nothing to do with authentication.

Oops...Sorry, You are absolutely right

One months ago at office we receive this error for some email. After resend all is fine. I think this is some new staff from Google, maybe first email to concrete mail account, after they change some things...I have no access to DNS records for domain and cannot verify dkim and others for mail server. From my personal domain never get this error.

gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[108.177.119.26]
    said: 550-5.7.1 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xx ip] Our system has detected that
this
    message is 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of
spam
    sent to Gmail, 550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit
    550-5.7.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError
    5.7.1  for more information.
    g31-20020a056402321f00b0042dce60161csi1041414eda.475 - gsmtp (in reply
to
    end of DATA command)

On 7/5/2022 at 11:59 AM, Skrim said:

Hi

Lately I have had trouble getting emails through to addressee@gmail.com from my Delphi app Win32/D11.

It seems pretty random as 7 went through and 1 not. Some days all emails to Gmail are returned, other days none.

All other addresses than Gmail have no trouble being received by the addressee .

This is already a practice for gmail. The smtp server must be configured to create such an id if it does not exist. Or manually add it to the message header. We have customers whose mailservers do not create such an id and have to have it generated by our software