Alexander Halser

MacOS: How to remove ambiguous Developer ID certificates?

I'm trying to get my MacOS app notarized and have applied for an Apple Developer ID certificate, which has been issued, downloaded, etc.

Well, in the process of trying to get this thing to work I'm now completely stuck.

Delphi tells me that when deploying the app, there are ambiguous certificate matches.

Indeed there are: Xcode shows me that there are 2 Developer ID certificates for my company. When logging in to developer.apple.com, there are even three... Please don't ask me how I managed to add them (I don't remember what I did all day today in order to get it working).

Question: How do I get rid of the duplicate certificates? There's no "Remove" button anywhere.

apple-certificates-xcode.png

apple-certificates-website.png

Just delete the extra ones.

Thanks, Doug! Please tell me how to do that, and I'll be eternally grateful.

Apple documentation says, that in order to revoke a certificate, you must contact product-security@apple.com. They find themselves not responsible and have redirected me to Apple Developer support. But support doesn't feel responsible either and suggested to contact product-security@apple.com. That email conversion has been going back and forth for more than a week now. No result yet.

Maybe I should contact Embarcadero and ask them to build a new version of Delphi, that handles ambiguous certificates better. Or does it already? If Delphi did not specify the developer ID certificate by name, I could just use the existing one(s) and don't care about duplicates.

Edited by Alexander Halser

On 7/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, Alexander Halser said:

Delphi tells me that when deploying the app, there are ambiguous certificate matches.

As ginnix suggests, this is because the ambiguous certificates are in the Keychain on your machine. In the Applications/Utilities folder there is an application called Keychain Access. Run that, select the "login" keychain on the left hand side, and select the "My Certificates" tab. Delete all the ambiguous Developer ID certificates except for the one with the latest expiry date, by right-clicking each one and clicking "Delete"