Roger Cigol

Install of RAD Studio, C++Builder 11.1.5

RAD Studio, C++Builder 11.1.5 is released today (15th July 2022).

Can anyone find installation instructions for this ?  ie do I need to uninstall RAD Studio 11.1 first and then do a complete reinstall or does the install need to go "on top" of my existing installation?

I am sure this must be on the Embarcadero wwww site somewhere but I can't find it ! Send us a URL if you know better than me, please....

Here it is: https://blogs.embarcadero.com/available-today-the-cbuilder-and-rad-studio-11-1-5-c-code-insight-update/

The relevant part is:

Being tightly focused on C++, the 11.1.5 C++ Code Insight Update has no benefit for Delphi customers and we do not recommend Delphi customers to install it. Other than the C++ Code Insight changes, 11.1.5 is identical in features to 11.1. RAD Studio 11.1.5 is a full installation, and includes all hotfixes issued for 11.1.

I did read David's blog : I am not sure that the line you emphasise should be interpreted to mean uninstall the old version and then install the new one. I thought it means only that you don't have to worry about if you have got the other hot fixes in or not.

Actually I tried to install it "over the top" of 11.1 and the installer detected the existence of 11.1 and uninstalled it (keeping registry settings) and then installed 11.1.5 - The installation went smoothly.

When in the release notes they write full installation it means uninstall and reinstall. On webinars more than once was a question why they request the uninstall steps why not just replace the files. The answer is that it's easier to test and less change to have an error. (It makes sense but a bit more work when you have to install a "patch" of 6GB).

1 hour ago, Lajos Juhász said:

When in the release notes they write full installation it means uninstall and reinstall. On webinars more than once was a question why they request the uninstall steps why not just replace the files. The answer is that it's easier to test and less change to have an error. (It makes sense but a bit more work when you have to install a "patch" of 6GB).

I think they gave up on incremental updates.  IIRC, everything in recent years has always required a full uninstall and reinstall.