Sign in to follow this  
Stano

Custom component with IBDAC

Hi,
It's a DB navigator and I want to deploy IBDAC there instead of FireDAC. I have about 30 similar lines. 

[dcc32 Warning] JasotComponents.dpk(73): W1033 Unit 'IBCProps' implicitly imported into package 'JasotComponents' 

Compilation will fail.
Tried to add some *.dcp file. I got a notification that it is already in the search path.
I do not know what to do.

18 hours ago, Stano said:

Hi,
It's a DB navigator and I want to deploy IBDAC there instead of FireDAC. I have about 30 similar lines. 

[dcc32 Warning] JasotComponents.dpk(73): W1033 Unit 'IBCProps' implicitly imported into package 'JasotComponents' 

Compilation will fail.
Tried to add some *.dcp file. I got a notification that it is already in the search path.
I do not know what to do.

Well, the warning means that the unit in question was not found in any of the packages named in the "requires" clause and, since it was not in the "contains" clause of the package, had to be added to build the package.  This is not in itself an error and will not cause the build to fail, but it is an indication that there should be a run-time package available which contains the unit and should be added to the design-time packages "requires" clause.  You may have to build that run-time package first, though.

Edited by PeterBelow

Well thank you. I haven't made a runtime package yet. I'll look into it. Won't it yell at me that it already has it in the search path?
It doesn't make sense to me: he linked the files and the compilation fails. I don't have any (other) mistakes there.

5 hours ago, Stano said:

Well thank you. I haven't made a runtime package yet. I'll look into it. Won't it yell at me that it already has it in the search path?
It doesn't make sense to me: he linked the files and the compilation fails. I don't have any (other) mistakes there.

If the dcp file for the package is there and in the search path you just have to add that package to the requires clause of the design-time package, that should eliminate all these warnings.

Now I ran the compile again and it doesn't report any problem:classic_cheerleader: I guess Delphi had a bad day yesterday.

Thank you for your willingness and time.

I forgot to rule it out.

Cannot load package 'JasotComponents.'  It contains unit 'DAScript', which is also contained in package 'dac280'

I don't understand this message.

uses
  Winapi.Windows, Winapi.Messages,
  System.SysUtils, System.Classes, System.Variants, System.Generics.Collections, System.UITypes, System.Math,
  System.Generics.Defaults,
  Vcl.Controls, Vcl.Dialogs, Vcl.Forms, Vcl.ExtCtrls, Vcl.DBCtrls, Vcl.Menus, Vcl.Graphics, Vcl.StdActns, Vcl.ActnList,
  Vcl.PlatformDefaultStyleActnCtrls, Vcl.VirtualImageList,
  Data.DB,
  VirtualTrees,
  advpanel, advglowbutton, advgdip, advstyleif, Advcombo,
  DBComponents, DBAccess, DesignIntf, ActionManager, MemDS, IBC;

2022 07 23 19 40 11 JasotComponents_-_Delphi_11_-_jstIBCNavigator.png

[Fatal Error] The following changes are necessary to make this package compatible with other installed packages.
 Add dac280. 
Add ibdac280.

2022 07 23 19 59 34 dac280_-_Everything.png

Edited by Stano

Interesting.
It protested at these files
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\IBDAC for RAD Studio 11\Lib\Win32\dac280.dcp
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\IBDAC for RAD Studio 11\Lib\Win32\ibdac280.dcp

It is satisfied with those and compiles
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\lib\win32\release\dac280.dcp
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\lib\win32\release\ibdac280.dcp

Edited by Stano

15 hours ago, Stano said:

Cannot load package 'JasotComponents.'  It contains unit 'DAScript', which is also contained in package 'dac280'

I don't understand this message.

It means that the JasotComponents package has DAScript listed in its "contains" clause while also listing dac280 in the "requires" clause. You have to remove the unit from the "contains" clause. In a package collection (packages that depend on others in the collection) each unit can only be contained in one single package. Complex package collections can drive you berserk if you have to build them manually, without a manufacturer-supplied build script. :classic_cool: