hsauro

Access MongoDB Atlas

Has anyone had any experience in connecting FireDAC to MongoDB Atlas? I can connect to the database easily using the MongoDB atlas compass application and I can also easily connect to it from python using pymongo, but I can't fathom how to connect to it via Delphi. I am using Delphi Pro 11.1, so I assume it has the capabilities to connect.  I noticed someone asked a similar question last year on StackOverflow, but there was no response. If I have to I can call python from Delphi. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68401095/connection-to-mongodb-atlas-with-delphi

What I have done is copied over the two monogo specific DLLs I need, added a FDConnection to a VCl windows and double click that to bring up a dialog box and enter the details but I can't seem to get it to work. The main error is failing to resolve mongodb+srv which I believe is the server name 

Edited by hsauro

As an experiment I set up my own mongodb on a spare linux machine. I can connect from other clients except Delphi. My conclusion is that mongo support for Delphi is probably broken.

Do you know whether this will work on the Mac? I noticed it needs a couple of DLLs. I wonder if there are equivalent dylibs?

I just had another thought, MongoDB has a rest API which might do the trick.