Achim Kalwa

Reinstalling Delphi: Use Installer for 11.1 or 11.1.5?

Hello *,

It is a nightmare to install Delphi patches because I have to use two different Windows user accounts; one for installing software, the other one for normal work. And because the patches are remembered in the user's registry during installation, they always end up in the wrong user registry path. 

Now I'm going to install Delphi 11.1 on a new machine. Is there an installer which already containes the patches and hotfixes since the 11.1 release?

On my.embarcadero.com I can download

• "RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder 11.1 Web Install";
    filename: RADStudio_11_1_esd_10_8973.exe (2022-03-15)
  • "RAD Studio 11.1 patch 1" (2022-04-27)
  • "Windows 11 Win32 Debugging Patch for RAD Studio 11.1" (2022-05-27)

But there is also a

• "RAD Studio, C++Builder 11.1.5 Web Install";
    filename RADStudio_11_1_5_esd_10253.exe (2022-07-14), but without "Delphi" in the title.

Maybe this sounds like a stupid question because "Delphi" is not mentioned: Can I use this for installing Delphi 11.1 and all patches until July 2022? Usually the installer knows what to download by my license key.

TIA

Achim

As mentioned in this blog post: Available Today: the C++Builder and RAD Studio 11.1.5 C++ Code Insight Update (emphasizes by me):

Being tightly focused on C++, the 11.1.5 C++ Code Insight Update has no benefit for Delphi customers and we do not recommend Delphi customers to install it. Other than the C++ Code Insight changes, 11.1.5 is identical in features to 11.1. RAD Studio 11.1.5 is a full installation, and includes all hotfixes issued for 11.1.

• Like 1