Sign in to follow this  
MaxBayne

Scrap TVirtualStringTree using Win 32 api (SendMessage)

hiiii

i have Delphi app using TVirtualStringTree and i need to get its data

i try using win32 api (Send Message) with Type (LVM_GETITEMA) but fail

i tried to use spy++ to monitor messages but nothing ...

any help please, just need to extract the data from TVirtualStringTree

TVirtualStringTree is a custom control completely written in Delphi/VCL, so WinAPI messages won't help (especially not ones meant for list views).

Are you extending the Delphi app? Do you have its source code? Do you want to talk to a running instance of the app?

VST doesn't have TreeView interface but it implements accessibility API (in VirtualTrees.Accessibility) and

procedure TBaseVirtualTree.TVMGetItem(var Message: TMessage); message TVM_GETITEM;
// Screen reader support function. The method returns information about a particular node.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaxBayne said:

i have Delphi app using TVirtualStringTree and i need to get its data

i try using win32 api (Send Message) with Type (LVM_GETITEMA) but fail

i tried to use spy++ to monitor messages but nothing ...

any help please, just need to extract the data from TVirtualStringTree

You are out of luck. TVirtualStringTree is completely written in Delphi and does not have an underlying Windows control, so there are no messages that can be intercepted.

2 minutes ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

VST doesn't have TreeView interface but it implements accessibility API (in VirtualTrees.Accessibility) and

procedure TBaseVirtualTree.TVMGetItem(var Message: TMessage); message TVM_GETITEM;
// Screen reader support function. The method returns information about a particular node.

Now this is interesting. I wonder whether the TVirtualTreeView descendant used in the Delphi IDE also implements that API. Not having access to the entries in these various trees has prevented me to implement some useful functionality.

3 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

Now this is interesting. I wonder whether the TVirtualTreeView descendant used in the Delphi IDE also implements that API. Not having access to the entries in these various trees has prevented me to implement some useful functionality.

Try it 🙂 accessibility was implemented relatively recently but I believe TVM_GETITEM had been there much longer