alogrep

Your Android device does not support the selected target platform architecture

HI.

I kindly ask  some help.

Windws 10, Delphi 11, Xiaomi 9A device.

I tried to run a Helloworld example from Github. The project  builds ok, the device paltform android 64 bit shows the

Target (M2006C3LG). But when I run it I get the error "Your Android device does not support the selected target platform architecture".

Where/what should I look into to get the solution to this problem?

Hello Vandrovnik.

It is armv8 should be 64bit. Mybe the problem is that the processor is Mediatek Helio? 

4 hours ago, alogrep said:

But when I run it I get the error "Your Android device does not support the selected target platform architecture".

Some devices have 64-bit CPUs, but have Android 32-bit running on them. Easiest way to find out if this is the case for you is to download an app like this. On the CPU page it reports whether the device is running in 32-bit mode. 

Here is some more background.

Unfortunately I don't know a complete list of Android devices with 64-Bit CPU running under 32-Bit OS, maybe somebody has found such complete list somewhere ?

I know that the Google Playstore has a huge devices list, but never looked deeper into this, howto export such information.

@Dave Nottage Hi, so is the only way to make sure Android App's developed using Delphi 12, is to build 2 2 separate apps? One targeting the 32 Bit architecture and the other 64 bit Architecture? App - 32, and App - 64

Is that correct? I have the Generate Android 32-bit and 64-bit binaries set to True and when I try to install the 64 Bit onto the device I receive "Your Android device does not support the selected target platform architecture" and I have confirmed that the device is running in 32 bit as you suggested above?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, Shano said:

I have the Generate Android 32-bit and 64-bit binaries set to True

This applies only when generating an application for uploading to Play Store (.aab file). If you're in "development mode" and your device supports 32-bit only, just select Android 32-bit as the target. 

21 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

This applies only when generating an application for uploading to Play Store (.aab file). If you're in "development mode" and your device supports 32-bit only, just select Android 32-bit as the target. 

@Dave NottageThat is what I thought. When in development and have a 32 bit device connected, then select 32 bit development and when I have a 64bit device connected select the 64 bit tarket. That works fine. 

But when I build the App and deploy, creating the .abb file which I then submit to internal testing, using the developer console, and then install the internal testing version on my 32 bit app I receive the message the

* "Your Device isn't compatable with this version."

* "You're an internal tester. This App maybe unsecure or unstable"

Does the Android App Bundle Support only work once the App has been submitted as a live App and is available on Google Play for all to download using either a 32bit or 64bit device? I would have expected the Android App Bundle Support to also work in the Internal Testing side as well.

Edited by Shano

Not sure there is much of a point in doing that - an AAB provides information so an app store can generate APKs for multiple devices. Using an AAB locally just adds extra steps to building and sending an APK to a device for testing.   

What's the difference between AABs and APKs?

App bundles are only for publishing and cannot be installed on Android devices. The Android package (APK) is Android's installable, executable format for apps. App bundles must be processed by a distributor into APKs so that they can be installed on devices.

Edited by Brian Evans

On 11/17/2023 at 7:42 PM, Brian Evans said:

Not sure there is much of a point in doing that - an AAB provides information so an app store can generate APKs for multiple devices. Using an AAB locally just adds extra steps to building and sending an APK to a device for testing.   

What's the difference between AABs and APKs?

App bundles are only for publishing and cannot be installed on Android devices. The Android package (APK) is Android's installable, executable format for apps. App bundles must be processed by a distributor into APKs so that they can be installed on devices.

Well I can't seem to get the aab that I submit to Google Play to provide a version for my Android device that is a 64bit device, using a 32-bit mode when submitting a build for testing.  I would have thought the Google Play internal Testing area would also use the aab file to create versions of the app that can be installed onto these devices for testing. I understand that to iinstall an APK onto the phone it would need to be built using either the 32-bit target or the 64-bit target. That works. If I build a 32-bit version then I can install the APK onto the 64-bit device using 32-bit mode. That installs perfectly. Just the aab file that I subit to Google Play and then expect to be able to install on the device from the Google Play internal Testing link does not. We also have release the App live and the devices cannot install it onto these devices either and we have the setting correct in the previously submitted aab files as well.