Sign in to follow this  
DelphiStyles

New FM Style for multimedia applications just released!

Thanks, I like all the new styles you offer.
My question is, how are they prepared to be configurable in color and rendering on all mobile devices and desktop ?

The original styles are not very compatible, and not easy to adjust, they need to have special tweaks for every platform,

so that its sometimes not possible to have same look on all OS.

Do you use same structure of the styles for all platforms, wherever possible ?

Have encapsulated the main swatch colors, so to be able to adjust the color scheme from changing a few variables only ?

Are those variables accessable during runtime, so that custom color changes can be made easily w/o creating a new style ?

IMHO the biggest drawback of the Style system is that it doesn't not really support easy changes of the main colors in a style:

like background, text,/labels, foreground color, etc.

There is the option of TintedColor somehwere, to be able to recolor some objects, but this is not consequently used in all
components and platforms.

What would be your recommendation if I would need to e.g.  to re-color your backgground color slightly different tone,

as well as to change your foreground color from green to red ?

18 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

Thanks, I like all the new styles you offer.
My question is, how are they prepared to be configurable in color and rendering on all mobile devices and desktop ?

The original styles are not very compatible, and not easy to adjust, they need to have special tweaks for every platform,

so that its sometimes not possible to have same look on all OS.

Do you use same structure of the styles for all platforms, wherever possible ?

Have encapsulated the main swatch colors, so to be able to adjust the color scheme from changing a few variables only ?

Are those variables accessable during runtime, so that custom color changes can be made easily w/o creating a new style ?

IMHO the biggest drawback of the Style system is that it doesn't not really support easy changes of the main colors in a style:

like background, text,/labels, foreground color, etc.

There is the option of TintedColor somehwere, to be able to recolor some objects, but this is not consequently used in all
components and platforms.

What would be your recommendation if I would need to e.g.  to re-color your backgground color slightly different tone,

as well as to change your foreground color from green to red ?

18 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

Thank you for comments!

FM Styles can includes tint objects only for buttons and panels.

At this moment each our style has "tintedbutton" style for all platforms (you see them on macOS screenshot, for example).

If you want, we can add tint for toolbar and ...toolbutton styles + we can made color adaptation to your colors (custom design service).

We provide styles as collection of style templates for each platform - you can export pngs from template and update them + set you colors of fonts. 

Also you can use TForm.Fill property to adjust background as you want - color, gradient, custom bitmap.

To change text color in controls you must disable FontColor in TControl.StyleSettings and set your font color in TControl.TextSettings.

Thanks for the proposals.

Im missing such tinted color for the basic components.

Buttons, Panels are fine.

Listbox, Listview, TabControl, Label would be the minimim.

The original components have different structure from platform to platform.

Ideally I would prefer a style with basic vector objects only.

E.g. I made a simple button component using TPath, works perfect and can be easily render any form.

Why not make more use of vectors in styles ?

On 2/23/2019 at 10:47 PM, Rollo62 said:

Thanks for the proposals.

Im missing such tinted color for the basic components.

Buttons, Panels are fine.

Listbox, Listview, TabControl, Label would be the minimim.

The original components have different structure from platform to platform.

Ideally I would prefer a style with basic vector objects only.

E.g. I made a simple button component using TPath, works perfect and can be easily render any form.

Why not make more use of vectors in styles ?

Styles has a platform specific and structure, because Embarcadero decided that style must follows platform guideline in most part + we need this to prevent desktop UI on mobile devices, for example (it will looks ugly).

This is why we have multiview solution for application today and you can adjust form for each platform.

Vector styles are in the past and most of controls properties are not supported with them.  

It's hard to mimic original graphic with vector objects + big count of these objects is not good for performance.

Ok, I see.
When I think of vectors, I look at simple shapes, which shouldn't take too much space.

Such vectors could probably be layered above the original control, which I do sometimes when enhancing the original components.
Unfortunately for TStyleControl based controls this is not working very well.

Now I have to use e.g. TRectangles sometimes as background where TLayout would be enough too, if there would be an easy way to recolor.
This is bloating code and components as well, while I think GPU supported vectors should be a more clean way to render.
A way out could be of coarse also a more simple StylesEditor, which inclodes recoloring spaces and parts w/o export/import w/ Photoshop.

I think of a kind of "Material Design" style, which is very clean, flat and easy to handle, and has the ability to configure lets
say fill.Color and stroke.Color via runtime.
If there is a chance that such style could be done, maybe for a reduced component set only, this would be very interesing IMHO.

Because the current styles make it hard to make simple color changes on the fly, you mostly need a custom style for every color,
which is very unreasonable.
My solution to this is to add e.g. rectangles in one custom style, to get at least a visual solution working close to this,
but unfortunately there is not a "golden way" to achieve this, instead there is a lot of special treatment needed for each simple control.

If you see an easy solution to achive such kind of re-configurable material design, please let me know.

There is no simple way, unfortunately. 

Also other thing - we provide style templates for Bitmap Style Designer.

Style template is not depends from FM format and you can use them from XE5 for desktop platforms, for example.

BitmapStyleDesigner has a converter tool, which includes FM format + specific of each plaform.

All you need to do - open template in BitmapStyleDesigner from specific IDE (XE5, ... Seattle, ... Rio) and save it as FM *.style (in actual format of style objects).

About your manual style - there are no guarantees that the style will works correctly in the new IDE if in FM was a changes in object structures.