Ian Branch

Ctrl-Alt-F sometimes doesn't

Hi Team,

D11.1, latest GExperts, Win 11.

Sometimes the Ctrl-Alt-F hot key sequence calls the Delphi DebugFPUCommand, and other times it does what I want, calls the GExpertsToolsEditorExportCodeFormatter.

What dictates which will be called and when??

Regards,

Ian

I have always wondered what determines which function of a hotkey gets precedence when there are multiple ones. I found that opening the GExperts configuration dialog and leaving it with OK makes the GExperts hotkeys take precedence for a while but not for the whole session.

For editor hotkeys there is also the order of entries in the "Enhancement Modules" list of the Editor Options -> Key Mappings page. Unfortunately the help doesn't really say what effect the order has got, only that they override the hotkeys in the Key Mapping Modules listed on the left.

Thanks Thomas,

Tried moving GExperts up the 'tree' didn't seem to change what I am experiencing. 😞

It does seem to be related to where the cursor is in the source code.

For example, If I have the cursor in the Uses area it formats.  If the cursor is in the Type area it pulls the Debug dialog.

If I move the cursor down to support code/functions, it formats.  If I move the cursor to the TMainForm.Function/Procedure code area, it pulls the Debug window.

Sigh!  😉

Regards,

Ian

Of course you could always assign a hotkey that is not yet used anywhere else. Unfortunately hotkeys have become a scarce resource and since the IDE does not provide any function to read which ones are already in use, there is no way to find out for sure.

That's why I added the Editor Popup Menu expert which at least for me reduces the need for hotkeys at in GExperts. Unfortunately I also chose Ctrl+H as the default hotkey for that one, which is already taken by the Replace function of the editor. 😞

Edited by dummzeuch

GExperts 'IDE Menu Shortcuts' allowed me to remove the Delphi Ctrl-Alt-F function so only the GExperts Ctrl-Alt-F is valid now.

All good.