Sherlock

Rio.1 does not save all layout settings

So I wanted to set the layout to the way I'm used to from Tokyo and got everything right and stored it into the "Standard-Layout" via the Moon Symbol in the title bar (strange, but as long as it works...). After restarting Delphi, it gets almost everything right, except for one thing: the side panels are way to narrow. No matter how wide I store them, they end up being the seem narrowness. And the object inspector wont store the separator position (the line between property and value) either. What am I missing, where and how can I fix this?

Expected.png

Unexpected.png

2 hours ago, Sherlock said:

So I wanted to set the layout to the way I'm used to from Tokyo and got everything right and stored it into the "Standard-Layout" via the Moon Symbol in the title bar (strange, but as long as it works...). After restarting Delphi, it gets almost everything right, except for one thing: the side panels are way to narrow. No matter how wide I store them, they end up being the seem narrowness. And the object inspector wont store the separator position (the line between property and value) either. What am I missing, where and how can I fix this?

Same happens here as well, you have to resize it everytime the IDE is restarted.

Edited by GPRSNerd

It's a bit old thread, I know - but has this issue been resolved already? Always re-selecting the Default layout when opening a project is getting a bit annoying.

52 minutes ago, aehimself said:

It's a bit old thread, I know - but has this issue been resolved already? Always re-selecting the Default layout when opening a project is getting a bit annoying.

I find this totally solved in 10.3. Layout is saved and panels size correctly at startup, no need to reselect your layout.

Problem is that is you select "Autosave desktop" in settings, than yes, it saves all your IDE desktop so that you find it again as you left the next time you reload the IDE, but the "Read-only" mode for units does not work!!! I find this quite annoying.

10.3.3 here, and layout is always messed up when I'm starting Delphi with a project. If I simply start Delphi and create a new project (VCL Forms application for example) layout is loaded properly. In the Settings -> IDE -> Saving and Desktop -> Autosave section both is unchecked.

I'll try with a fresh install, maybe my previously exported and imported registry has something bad inside it....

14 minutes ago, aehimself said:

10.3.3 here, and layout is always messed up when I'm starting Delphi with a project. If I simply start Delphi and create a new project (VCL Forms application for example) layout is loaded properly. In the Settings -> IDE -> Saving and Desktop -> Autosave section both is unchecked.

I'll try with a fresh install, maybe my previously exported and imported registry has something bad inside it....

Try checking that Autosave setting in "Sving and Desktop".

18 hours ago, Silver Black said:

Try checking that Autosave setting in "Sving and Desktop".

Did that, still no joy; default layout is still getting reverted to the ridiculously narrow side panels whenever I open a project.

Yes, problem completely absent in 10.3.3.  I have withdrawn my vote for RSP23655 mentioned above.

The issue is present using the ISO and network installer too but only if you start a project file directly. When launching the IDE and opening the same project the layout is displayed correctly. The strange thing is that if you unpin (collapse?) a sidebar, it will load correctly, but the uncollapsed ones are still too narrow.

My two cents are that the problem will be with the .DST file somewhere; it is just a bit large to attempt to debug what is the cause.

It's a minor inconvenience, but as it seems only present in my team I'll keep searching online for solutions.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:17 AM, timfrost said:

Yes, problem completely absent in 10.3.3.  I have withdrawn my vote for RSP23655 mentioned above

I'd like to know how you've solved this - it's still a problem for me.