Al T

How to route all internet traffic through my application to allow / deny traffic either in front of windows firewall or behind it?

Hi,

No.  I don't want another way to manage windows firewall.  I want to have my own firewall program and not use or interface windows firewall!

I would like to route the traffic to my application preferably in front of windows firewall to handle everything there.  Like a "PRE" firewall.  I would rather continue to allow my anti-virus to handle the firewall duties that it does, but I still want to have Overall control over the final say.  I don't want any other program doing this as Netbalancer currently just crashes alot.

A added bonus would be able to also control how much each of those traffic can flow in or out.

So, any ideas how I can go about to build this application.  Do note, I will be creating a Github.com directory for this project and make it freeware to all.

Sincerely,

Al T.

Edited by Al T

You need to build TDI driver then, but as Brian @Brian Evans said better way is use Windows API and proven technology, you can focus on UI things rather than much more complicated kernel driver part. Driver will be needed in both cases but WFP is much much simpler.

Edited by johnnydp