dts

Variable Hints

Hello. I want to see variable hints in debug mode. With English characters, hints appear in their proper places. Everything shifts in other languages. The cursor is over one variable and the tooltip comes from another variable.
procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
 const
  મોટી_શરૂઆત: TDateTime = 43866.08334;
begin
 var
  વીતેલા_દિવસોની_સંખ્યા := DaysBetween(Now,મોટી_શરૂઆત);
end;

Are there ways to fix this?

Delphi.png

Edited by dts

While it is a nice thing to be able to use your own charset during development, it is something I would never encourage or do myself. You will never be able to have someone outside your language read and understand your code. That said, this is a bug and you should just report it in the Quality Portal: https://quality.embarcadero.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

54 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

While it is a nice thing to be able to use your own charset during development, it is something I would never encourage or do myself. You will never be able to have someone outside your language read and understand your code. That said, this is a bug and you should just report it in the Quality Portal: https://quality.embarcadero.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

And so he did. Thanks

Oops

tooltip.png

Edited by Pat Foley
Wanted to comment about if right to left is issue

The idea is code in English, then use Tool tip comment in local dialect as mnemonic.

/// <summary>
///  ateB + aplA = ammaG
/// </summary>
procedure TForm18.AddABtoC;
begin
  var a := 1;
  var b := 2;
  var c := -1;
  c := a + b;
end;

Oh! OK, sure, that'll work just fine. 👍

But the underlying point is if a manufacturer chooses to implement a feature, he should fix the bugs.

In this case the feature is the ability to write identifiers in Unicode, but I would rather call that an abomination than a feature.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1