Raymond Ng

Delphi 11 for iOS 16 ?

I can compile and run an app on an iOS16 device. iOS does require XCode 14. I have not been brave enough yet to add iPhoneOS 16.0 in the SDK Manager so it is working with iPhoneOS 15.0.

• Like 1

I have not tried yet either, but It should be OK if you currently can work on actual XCode13 and OS15.x.

Apple usually gives some grace time before it forces you to change to XCode14 or newer iOS Version.

This is usually compatible, of course the new features were not in.

Since there had been also display dimension changes, it could be possible to see some quirks then on iOS16, but I dont really think that will happen.

That was the case last time when Apple introduced the notch, in an earlier version.

I have the following issues, on my testing IPAD with iOS 13.3.1. Not testing in iOS16 yet.

RAD 11 + XCode14 with iOS16 SDK - App crash at start-up on splash screen.

RAD 11 + XCode14 with iOS15 SDK - working fine.

Any ideas ?

54 minutes ago, Raymond Ng said:

RAD 11 + XCode14 with iOS16 SDK - App crash at start-up on splash screen.

A blank app starts fine, here.

54 minutes ago, Raymond Ng said:

Any ideas ?

You could try using the debugger?

• Like 1

I am using 11.2 and XCode 14 beta 6 and have successfully submitted my program to the app store.

Just waiting for review and hopefully it gets accepted.

Note: This is on Ventura Beta.

Thanks

Edited by ginnix
  • Like 1

I have learned the hard way that its a bad idea to use XCode beta versions, since they might not match to the iOS versions well and also might show many installation quirks.

Thats why I usually wait until at least the finals were ready (also they contain glitches from time to time).

• Like 1

I'm testing with RAD 11.2 now, compile with Xcode 14 + iOS16 SDK,

New App now is working fine in iOS 13, but crash on iOS16 phone.

Any advice ?

Did you try an empty FMX form?
Remove all current projects entitlement files first from your hard disk and recompile.
I recompiled all my apps in 11.2, with Xcode 14 under PAServer 13.2.11.7 and they all work on iOS 15.7 and iOS 16.0

Edited by sjordi

17 hours ago, Raymond Ng said:

Any advice ?

As Steve said, try a blank app. Either way, use a debugger to see if you can find where the crash occurs

3 hours ago, Raymond Ng said:

When try deploy a New Blank App to simulator, following error appear,

You appear to be using an Intel-based Mac. Support for iOS Simulator is for M1 or M2 based Macs only.

Hello

On 9/17/2022 at 3:29 AM, Raymond Ng said:

When try deploy a New Blank App to simulator, following error appear,

image.thumb.png.5a708c98c74489c1597737c41f74a6e0.png

image.thumb.png.f5b264840aba7565c8b8dc6002128ff0.png

image.thumb.png.c0fc18bc4978d51c1ceb3015ce002f90.pngimage.thumb.png.63a65059144d9265bfc906e17e47cd56.png

I have same problem too

On 9/17/2022 at 6:43 AM, Dave Nottage said:

You appear to be using an Intel-based Mac. Support for iOS Simulator is for M1 or M2 based Macs only.

And yes i using an Intel-based Mac (Ver 12.4 (21F79)) + XCode (Version 13.4 (13F17a)) and Delphi 11.2 

how can i test on iphone 6 (ios v12.4)?

how can i add IOS SDK 12 to Delphi?(now i have SDK15.5)

Edited by kabiri

2 hours ago, kabiri said:

how can i test on iphone 6 (ios v12.4)?

One way would be to have a real device. What is the reason for wanting to test specifically on that?

2 hours ago, kabiri said:

how can i add IOS SDK 12 to Delphi?(now i have SDK15.5)

You should not need to. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

One way would be to have a real device. What is the reason for wanting to test specifically on that?

I have a real device. When I can't test on emulator, then I have to test on real device.

My real device is iphone 6 (ios v12.4).

But when the compilation is finished in Delphi, Delphi gives a message that the device was not found.

12 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

You should not need to. 

Isn't SDK12 needed for IOS12?

Do apps written with SDK15.5 work on devices with IOS12?

------------EDIT--------------

In XCODE i can select Deployment target , how i can set it in Delphi?

Edited by kabiri

3 hours ago, kabiri said:

But when the compilation is finished in Delphi, Delphi gives a message that the device was not found.

Have you installed PAServer? Please refer to: https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Alexandria/en/Installing_the_Platform_Assistant_on_a_Mac

..and: https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Alexandria/en/IOS_Mobile_Application_Development

18 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Yes, I have already installed

i found my problem!

I get an error when I use the kastri library. Also, permissions were not installed on the Mac.
I installed the certificate and wrote a blank app and it ran fine on the real machine.

But I don't know what certificate I should use to build the program for Application store mode.

7 hours ago, kabiri said:

But I don't know what certificate I should use to build the program for Application store mode.

I think you mean Provisioning Profile, but given your comment here, you have resolved that now?

23 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

I think you mean Provisioning Profile, but given your comment here, you have resolved that now?

Yes Provisioning Profile.

But i can compile app for Development configuration (not for Application store or Ad Hoc).

To publish the app in the app store, i need to compile the application store, but I don't know how.

I have an unspecified problem with Kastri

Edited by kabiri

6 hours ago, kabiri said:

But i can compile app for Development configuration (not for Application store or Ad Hoc).

Do you have a Provisioning Profile for App Store?