Daniele Teti

DelphiMVCFramework-3.2.2-nitrogen has been released

In brief:

What's DelphiMVCFramework

DMVCFramework is a very popular Delphi framework which provides an easy to use, scalable, flexible RESTful, JSON-RPC and ActiveRecord framework for Delphi developers. DMVCFramework is the most popular Delphi project on GitHub and compiles for Windows (32 and 64bit) and Linux (64bit). DMVCFramework services can be compiled as console application, Windows Service, Linux daemon, Apache module (Windows and Linux) and IIS ISAPI (Windows).

DMVCFramework works with Delphi 11 Alexandria, Delphi 10.4 Sydney, Delphi 10.3 Rio, Delphi 10.2 Tokyo, Delphi 10.1 Berlin, Delphi 10 Seattle.

Edited by toms

Okay, looks very interesting,  do people here at the forum have experiences with it ?

Is it usable for production? 

3 hours ago, mvanrijnen said:

Okay, looks very interesting,  do people here at the forum have experiences with it ?

DMVCFramework is fully stable and tested.

I use DMVCFramework in large production projects, in Windows and Linux environments.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mvanrijnen said:

Yes, is ussable, and used, in production. Some numers to get to the point.

DMVCFramework is the most popular Delphi REST/JSONRPC framework on git hub (stars numbers).

It is used by banks, chemical industries, telco, hospitals, team viewver competitors, many big companies... and also middle and small companies.

It is in production since 2010 and there is a book translated in 3 languages about it (http://www.danieleteti.it/books/).

It is supported by a number of companies and has many sponsors. There are 37 contributors all around the world. 

There is also an (almost) 5K facebook group to get help (check the project home page on github for more informations).

Feel free to give it a try, and ask if you are in trouble.

• Like 1

We use the DelphiMVCFramework in a few systems. It's much nicer way to create a REST server than DataSnap or Rad Server.

@Daniele Teti it's probably too late now but have you considered changing the name of the project? I stayed away from the project for longer than I should have because I saw the name and thought, "I don't need a framework to implement an MVC pattern for me". I had no idea it was a REST server until someone else actually cleared up the misconception for me.

The current name is a bit like saying I have an internal combustion engine in my driveway rather than a car.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lachlan Gemmell said:

it's probably too late now but have you considered changing the name of the project? I stayed away from the project for longer than I should have because I saw the name and thought, "I don't need a framework to implement an MVC pattern for me". I had no idea it was a REST server until someone else actually cleared up the misconception for me.

Thank you for your kind words.

The product naming is always a problem. Some people say that started to use dmvc for its name, some other, like you, say that the name could generate misconceptions. Currently I almost agree with you: mvc is just a little part of dmvcframework... hower, on the other side, you cannot get a correct idea (good or bad) of a product just knowing its name. What about the Python library "Pydantic", or "Delphi", or "Meteor"?

Sometimes names are descriptive, sometimes are not. I agree... however, as you told, after more than 12 years of global development, a book, and countless sites and developers using it, its a bit late o change name 🙂

DT

My vote would be just chuck the word "Remoting" in there and pretend it was there all along. 🙄

Name change, what name change? It's always been called "Delphi MVC Remoting Framework". 

1 hour ago, mvanrijnen said:

gonna give it a try, with a small private project. 

btw bough the cookbook 😉

good, feel free to ask 🙂