Ian Branch

Change the order of loading??

Would it be possible for the Expert Manager to change the order of loading of Experts?

I ask this in the suspicion that the order of loading will dictate which Expert functionality/hotkey will have priority.

Ian

IIRC the experts are created in the order in which they are registered which basically means in the order of the units in the project. And I think I "recently" changed that order to be more or less alphabetic.

(for a suitable meaning of "recently")

I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve. You can configure any hotkey in GExperts to your liking. I am not aware of any conflicts, if there are any (in the default configuration), please file a bug report.

So.  Also related to an earlier Ctrl-Alt-F issue..

GExperts 'IDE Menu Shortcuts' allowed me to remove the Delphi Ctrl-Alt-F function so only the GExperts Ctrl-Alt-F is valid now.

All good.

The order of IDE experts is governed by the order they are added to the registry so the only way to change that order is to remove all of them and then add them back in the order you want.

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2022 at 3:32 PM, David Hoyle said:

The order of IDE experts is governed by the order they are added to the registry

Have you experimented enough with this to understand is this just the load order on initial startup or does it also affect execution order?

Loading order of DLL and thus initialization order... Yes I have experimented as I use the "feature" to order my experts as sometimes they don't play well together. Changing their order can help.

I do not understand what you mean by "execution order"?

53 minutes ago, David Hoyle said:

I do not understand what you mean by "execution order"? 

I will write a minimal example for myself, your answer above makes sense.

I assume it looks something like this, where the list is ordered based on insert and never gets sorted.  Should be easy enough to test.

TDictionary<procedure, TList<TExpert>>

On 9/17/2022 at 8:06 PM, dummzeuch said:

IIRC the experts are created in the order in which they are registered

OK, I have apparently misunderstood the question. It is about IDE experts, not about the Experts in GExperts.

Yes, these are loaded in the order they are written in the Registry. It would be possible for the Experts Manager to read all entries, delete them and then write them back in the desired order.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:09 PM, dummzeuch said:

Yes, these are loaded in the order they are written in the Registry. It would be possible for the Experts Manager to read all entries, delete them and then write them back in the desired order.

Just in case anybody is still interested: The GExperts Experts Manager expert now allows to change the order of the entries in the registry.

Note1: You have to compile it from sources to get this functionality.

Note2: Don't forget to actually save the changes to the registry. It's no longer done automatically.

Note3: This is work in progress, there might still be bugs.