aleber

IDE it's not working anymore

Hello everyone,
we are having problems with Delphi 11.2 on Windows 10. The IDE doesn't crash, but in fact doesn't respond to commands (save, compile, close windows, ...) In the Windows event log we see quite incomprehensible / unhandled .NET errors. We also restored a backup of the entire machine, without success. The only thing that intervenes is the automatic setup (by Windows Update) of "Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise", "Microsoft Edge", and especially "Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime".

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions on how to solve it (possibly without reinstalling the IDE)?

Thank you,

AB

Let me add one interesting thing. On the same machine we have Delphi IDE 10.4.2 and it is still working. We have issues only with 11 (it was working since 2 days ago, before the last windows updates).

17 hours ago, aleber said:

Hello everyone,
we are having problems with Delphi 11.2 on Windows 10. The IDE doesn't crash, but in fact doesn't respond to commands (save, compile, close windows, ...) In the Windows event log we see quite incomprehensible / unhandled .NET errors. We also restored a backup of the entire machine, without success. The only thing that intervenes is the automatic setup (by Windows Update) of "Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise", "Microsoft Edge", and especially "Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime".

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions on how to solve it (possibly without reinstalling the IDE)?

Thank you,

AB

Hello, after update to Delphi 11.2, it has happened to me a few times (IDE did not respond, so I killed it from Task Manager). Last time it happened when I tried to edit lines between $IFDEF ... $ENDIF.

@SwiftExpat thanks for the hint, we tried, everything is ok, nothing to repair.

@Uwe Raabe unfortunately we cannot

@Vandrovnik it’s not a random issue. It s a constant issue. We’ve also tried to restart the machine few times.

I think the best option is to do a fresh installation… while keeping fingers cross to be able to fix the issue :)

Thanks everybody, we’ll tell you how it will go.

There was a time when it happened quite often. It stopped by itself.

I don't know if this will help, but in the "KNOW ISSUE OF THIS UPDATE" (link to Microsoft KB of the last Update: Win 10 last update ). They talk about problems with applications that use "certain" audio devices.

Bye