audi30tdi

Which registry to edit

Hello!

Which key should I edit if I want to change printer settings, like the port etc?? When I search the registry for the printers ipadr, I find many place where it is.

Have edit the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\Phaser 6130,  but it doesn't change the value when I check the controlpanel and printer settings there.

Also tried to change the value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\Phaser 6130\DsSpooler, but it did not change in the registry! Is that because I only can change one value before I close the key??

I find all of this key;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\Phaser 6130

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\Phaser 6130\DsSpooler

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\Phaser 6130

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\Phaser 6130\DsSpooler

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Printers\Phaser 6130

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Printers\Phaser 6130\DsSpooler

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Phaser 6130

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Phaser 6130\DsSpooler

should I change everyone??

Do I have to add a new ethernet port in registry, before I can change the port to this new ethernet adr??

Regards

Kåre!

Because I thought it was best to make a new topics as I got a new idea for getting a solution to my problem...........

Same problem - stay within the same topic, please.

Fiddling with the HKLM reg keys requires local admin rights meaning the application needs to run elevated.

I would be sceptical of apps requesting to run elevated.

Also, fiddling under the OS specific registry sections is not a good practice.

Have you checked if https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/printdocs/setprinter can address your needs?

• Like 1