Silver Black

How to replace text in every unit?

How to replace all occourrences of a given text in ALL units of the projects? I mean: units, forms, etc., any file? I wouldn't want to do an edit/replace… for every file in my project! It's time consuming and, more important, I could forget some file.

I use a tool call FAR, short for Find and Replace.

http://findandreplace.sourceforge.net

Its a free app and as long as your .dfm files are in text rather than  binary, works a treat.

HTH.

Ian

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

I use a tool call FAR, short for Find and Replace.

http://findandreplace.sourceforge.net

Its a free app and as long as your .dfm files are in text rather than  binary, works a treat.

HTH.

Ian

Thank you! I solved with GExperts grep tool. Your help is very appreciated too!

Please note that there are known limitations with GExperts Grep Search on form files. A string will not be found if one of the following conditions is met:

• A string is split into several lines (in the form file) and the search string spans a line break (Bug #49).
  • A string with special characters (e.g. Umlauts) is stored as 'bla'#nnn'blub' in the form file and the search string spans this special character (Bug #112).

Edited by dummzeuch
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Please note that there are known limitation with GExperts Grep Search on form files. A string will not be found if one of the following conditions is met:

• A string is split into several lines (in the form file) and the search string spans a line break (Bug #49).
  • A string with special characters (e.g. Umlauts) is stored as 'bla'#nnn'blub' in the form file and the search string spans this special character (Bug #112).

Thank you for these important notes, I will remind of them.