nufus42

RAD Server package running under dev but not in IIS

I've got a wierd problem with a RAD Server package.
It's working fine with emsdevserver or RS Lite but not in IIS.
The problem seems to be either TRESTClient or TNetHTTPClient.
If I put any of those into the package it is still working fine under dev but not as IIS module.
It might be a configuration problem with the IIS, but I'm a programmer not a web admin.

Which leaves me without a clou.
Did anyone experience a similar behavior and could solve it?

Thanks for your answer, but I'm afraid it won't help.
I haven't been precise enough in my first post.
The package isn't even "loaded" in IIS when I include TRESTClient or TNetHTTPClient (and corresponding units).

ah ok, maybe missing some DLL's or wrong versions of DLL's?

* What we also do as test, is run the emsdevserver for the BPL on the IIS machine. (we were able to find/fix some problems with this)

* Use procmon for get a view on which files are trying to be loaded, filter out the right process, view only files, look for errors on opening fils: Process Monitor - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn.

I know on Radserver is hard to debug this kind of things, there is no logging of what goes wrong. I have read about enabling debugfile in the emsserver.ini but never found out how this works.

(very bad documentation)

Edited by mvanrijnen

Just to wrap this up:
As @mvanrijnen (Thanks!) suggested in the end it was a missing dll or at least two of them.
The debug file actually helped.

If you know how, it is quite simple:
In the section [Server.Logging] you uncomment the row that begins with Filename. And set the path you desire.

You can actually write manually to that log with

TEMSEndPointEnvironment.Instance.LogMessage('test');

Unit EMS.ResourceAPI is needed in the uses clause.

• Like 1

Can you post an example of the section? Somehow we do not have it on our config at all?

Edited by mvanrijnen

On 11/12/2022 at 10:32 AM, mvanrijnen said:

Can you post an example of the section? Somehow we do not have it on our config at all?

ah, found them myself:

from: Editing the Configuration of Your RAD Server Engine Manually - RAD Studio (embarcadero.com)

RAD Server Logging
You can set your RAD Server logging.

[Server.Logging]
;# The following options control EMS server log output
;#
;# Set log output file name. If blank, then log output will be disabled. Default is blank.
; FileName=c:\temp\emsserver_log.json
;# Set Append=1 to append log output to existing log file. Otherwise log file will be 
;# rewritten on each EMS server or console run.  Default is 1.
Append=1
; Set log output prefixes. Where T-thread #, D-date/time, I-IP address of a client,
; C-number of log item. The order of items is controlled by this parameter. Default is TD.
; Prefixes=CDI
; Set log date/time output format. If blank, then it is C (current date and time formats).
; TimeFormat=hh:nn:ss.zzz
[Console.Logging]
;# The following options control EMS console log output
;#
;# Set log output file name. If blank, then log output will be disabled. Default is blank.
; FileName=c:\temp\emsconsole_log.json
;# Set Append=1 to append log output to existing log file. Otherwise log file will be 
;# rewritten on each EMS console run.  Default is 1.
Append=1
; Set log output prefixes. Where T-thread #, D-date/time, I-IP address of a client,
; C-number of log item. The order of items is controlled by this parameter. Default is TD.
; Prefixes=CDI
; Set log date/time output format. If blank, then it is C (current date and time formats).
; TimeFormat=hh:nn:ss.zzz

Edited by mvanrijnen

Hi,

I'm sorry to bother you,

but I'm setting up a rad server solution and I have exactly the same problem you had,

could you tell me what are the DLLs you added to make TRestClient work in RadServer please.

Thanks in advance.

Still running production with the DEV Console, we are (for sure 90%) moving away from RadServer, It gives us no pro's/extra's only problems and con's. 
We're looking at something like MARS to develop our (micro)services. 

Edited by mvanrijnen

Why not go ASP.NET Core for microservices?

Tons of tooling, scalability, containers, cross-platform, etc.

4 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Why not go ASP.NET Core for microservices?

Tons of tooling, scalability, containers, cross-platform, etc.

Would be a possibility for the parts that don't touch/need our BL indeed. 

Edited by mvanrijnen

Was this ever resolved? I have the exact problem, basic authentication using the idHTTP gives a resource not found error using IIS 10, but works in Dev